Walmart Cookies

Baking By daisy81382 Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm by shanzah67

daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 7

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried a search, but when it comes up with about 300 or more results...well, you can understand.

I am currently living in Australia, so I don't even know if these cookies still exist. But I remember - they are in the bakery section, they are thick and soft and they have a beautiful soft fluffy icing.
Does anyone know what kind of recipe they use for the cookie & icing? It's gotta be simple, but I'm still a novice to all this and wouldn't know where to begin! I've been telling people here about them and would love to try and make them some.

A little off topic and in the wrong section - but does anyone know what kind of icing they used on their cakes? I can remember a beautiful whipped icing that was not overly sweet. Man, I need to get back to the US so my cravings can be fixed!

Thanks for any help icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 7

Don't know the recipe but they are called Loft House cookies.

LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 7

just do a google search for Lofthouse cookie recipes, I found alot of websites that might be what you are looking for. HTH

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 7

I found this on the 2 peas forum. A girl on there said her grandmother was friends with the lady that started Loft House and got this original recipe from her. I have not made these yet myself, but you better believe I'll be trying them this weekend!! Those are my fave!!

"I have never made this recipe but I know it is the original. For some reason the copy that was given to me only has the ingredients listed and no directions. So with that in mind, please don't be mad at me if they don't turn out just right for you."

Lofthouse Cookies:
2 eggs
2 C. sugar
2 C. cream
2/3 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 C. shortening (Lard)
Vanilla to taste
Enough flour to form a soft ball (She told me that the key to making soft, fluffy cookies is to add a lot of flour. But she didn't tell me how much. )

I assume that you just mix all of the ingredients together because there are no special directions listed. Bake at 350º (again no specified time) and the cookies need to stay white.

Icing:
1 pkg. powdered sugar
1 egg
1 can condensed milk (for spreading)
1 tsp shortening
1 tsp butter

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 7

I tried this recipe and it worked o.k. for me. It was the icing that I couldn't duplicate.
http://www.recipezaar.com/23817

lexi, I will try the icing recipe you posted and see how that works. TFP.

daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:36am
post #6 of 7

Oh Wow! thanks for that recipe lexi! And thank you everyone for the name of the cookie! I can't wait to try them! Honeydukes & Lexi let us know how your cookies turn out.

thanks again for this information, i can't wait to make some! We are having an international food night at work, and these might just be my 'american cookies' icon_lol.gif

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 7

I must admit, I love those cookies! Thanks for the Lofthouse recipe icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%