Anyone In Law Enforcement Or Have Family (Harrassment)

Lounge By AmandaPanda Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm by Dale

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:35am
post #121 of 131

no there is no way it is the same person. I work for a national television shopping channel and this guy has called everyone for years .... I am sure they are 2 completely separate people.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #122 of 131

amanda this is off topic but you work at home for a tv channel, do you mind me asking how you got the job and if I could get one too? Please pm me, i'm in La and if this is available here I would love to do it. icon_smile.gif

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:12pm
post #123 of 131

Vanna, I am glad you asked this. I too was interested in this. icon_redface.gif

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:43pm
post #124 of 131

anything new? Haven't heard in a long time.
Jen...

AmandaPanda Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #125 of 131

Thanks for checking up on me! I actually have not heard from him since Saturday ... maybe he is actually going to leave me alone. Here is to hoping!!!

ElinJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElinJ Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 9:24pm
post #126 of 131

Okay I know you've probably got the answer to this but I wanted to give some input...

I don't understand why the woman at the front desk not taking further action because it is a serious accusation in regards to harrassment, particularly if you feel under threat and distress. In the uk, Harrassment can be someone ringing you up and just breathing down the phone to you several times, because it is enough to make the person feel threatened. (I forgot the case that cited this)

I've briefly skimmed through the first couple posts, but I hope you've got this sorted out, I feel for you. It must be so horrible thinking someones almost stalking you really, if he's describing your loooks etc.

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 2:32am
post #127 of 131

I was just reading this I am sorry for what you are going through; I pray by now the situation is taken care of. Everyone here who feels like you have good police protection need to realize your community is the exception. My sis was having a similar problem. She got the restaining order, moved, and did all she could. He still came around threatening violence. We went to the police, they would do NOTHING even though we had a restaining order. They advised her to buy a gun because unless he were in the act of abusing, or violating her they would do nothing. If he was on her property they would ask him to leave. So obviously we hired a lawyer and here is what we learned. The police are under NO OBLIGATION to protect the rights of the individual! Their duty is only to protect the public. You as an individual are not the public. This is the ruling our supreme court issued. So I hope you got better help but they don't have to. Here is a link to the case. It is really horrible.
http://www.mcrkba.org/w19.html

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:38pm
post #128 of 131

So, it's been a week and I wanted to check back in. Anything more happen?

AmandaPanda Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #129 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

still no more calls!!! I think he may have gotten the hint that I wasn't messing around.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:22pm
post #130 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

still no more calls!!! I think he may have gotten the hint that I wasn't messing around.

Did you let him know during one of his calls, that you had been in contact with the police?

-Debbie B.

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm
post #131 of 131

Police advice? You still need it? We deal with this all the time, PM me if you still have concerns. Be more than happy to tell you what you need to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%