Anyone In Law Enforcement Or Have Family (Harrassment)

Lounge By AmandaPanda Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm by Dale

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #91 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

also if you do buy another disposable phone; dispose of the package some where else other then your home incase he is "observing" your garbage.

If you don't already have a paper shredder, get one. There is so much personal information that ends up in the trash. A determined stalker could use this information to find other ways to hassle you. Shred everything...envelopes, correspondence, flyers...anything with information on the places you go and people you know.

Hope this is over quickly and you are left in peace.

Ann

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #92 of 131

I know with my phone company they offer a star feature that will send a copy of the phone number to the phone company and the police station... if you dial it after the person calls, and they get enough of them it is considered harrassment, and they can trace those calls. unfortunatly i know from experience.. if i can be of any other help, pm me.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:18pm
post #93 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Now...if I could just get Domino's to stop showing those commercials where they ring the doorbell about six times per commercial!

I don't know why, but this made me LOL literally. Maybe because my two dogs go absolutely bonkers at those darn Domino's commercials too and it takes me 5 minutes to calm them down and for them to realize no one is actually at the door. Then of course, next commercial break it comes on again and we repeat the cycle. LOL! I guess it makes me glad to know my dogs aren't the only ones who do this.

To the OP, I haven't read every post in this thread, but you've gotten lots of good advice. I think changing your number is the first thing to do, as many have suggested. I'm sorry, but your safety and your kids' safety is much more important than the inconvenience of having to change your phone numbers. I'd be freaking if this was happening to me. I work at home and am all alone all day. Well, I have my two large dogs, so I'm not all alone and they definitely make me feel safer. What about the possibility of getting a security system installed? I also think that there are ways that these phone numbers can be identified. The phone company has these records. They don't just sign up phantom people for phone lines. Someone is paying that bill. I would demand to speak to every supervisor at the phone company or police department because someone can help. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Please keep yourself safe!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm
post #94 of 131

There is an inexpensive way to put an alarm system in your house, and it works.

Target sells an alarm that can be used for doors and windows. The one nearest us has them in the auto supply section of the store. These little alarms operate with batteries.
Half of the alarm is double-stick taped to the door facing, and the other half is on the actual door. When the door opens, the alarm "screams" an incredibly loud noise. They can be attached onto windows as well.
You stick them high enough that a small child will not be able to reach up and turn them off.

These are also great for parents who just need to make sure their little one doesn't open the door and go out without their permission.
If your cake shop doesn't have an "official" alarm yet, these will help in the mean time. College kids use them at their apartments for added safety.

I don't know why our Target has them in the auto section. They are inexpensive and well worth the money. Some stores may have them in the baby section.

I hope this idea helps.

-Debbie B.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 3:48pm
post #95 of 131

Amanda where are you, you haven't said anything since early yesterday. let us know what's going and that you're safe

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:24pm
post #96 of 131

thank you for your concern. I am doing fine, he did not call again yesterday so far so good last call was thursday evening. I have just been busy my little girl is in the beginning of gymnastics competition season and today is her first real competition so we have been gearing up for that icon_smile.gif I will keep you posted and see if that wierdo calls me again.

VannaD Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 9:55pm
post #97 of 131

Just checking, I noticed you hadn't said anything today, I'm glad he hasn't called. Good Luck at the competition thumbs_up.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:57pm
post #98 of 131

thanks! She did well and took home 2 medals. It was her first competition so it is only up from here. She was super excited and is still this morning as happy as can be!

As for the stalker update he called 2 times last night while I was at the meet but I had my phone in my purse so I did not know he called until about 45 minutes afterwards. I still have to answer and tell him what that officer told me to tell him and since he did call yesterday I am gonna bet that he will call again if not today then next week for sure.

VannaD Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:34pm
post #99 of 131

Wow 2 medals, tell her your cake friends are proud of her icon_smile.gif . Maybe after you tell him about the police officer he'll back off, hopefully anyway, be safe.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #100 of 131

What if you should stop answering your phone unless it is a number you recognize. If he never gets to talk to you, maybe he'll get bored and stop calling.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #101 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdlgdl

I can't help noticing that many cc members have personal info posted for anyone to see--names, pictures, dates of birth, kids' names and pictures, and hometown. Kinda scary, considering.

You know you're absolutely right. Another thing that scares me are these Facebook and Mypage sites that all of our teenage kids have. They all have pictures of themselves and where they go to school etc.

Amanda, you don't happen to have a facebook or mypage do you? If you do I would immediately have it deleted.

My husband and I are constantly viewing our kids pages (even though they think we're locked out, my hubby is a computer programmer/data base administrator so he knows how to get into them) when we see something we don't like I say to the kids, "so and so's mother saw their son/daughter's laptop opened to your page and told me she saw such and such on there, delete it immediately." My daughter gets all defensive but she usually deletes what we talked about.

Technology is not all good, a lot of this computer stuff is damn scary when you have creeps out there like this guy.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:48pm
post #102 of 131

You've gotten some great suggestions, may I add one more regarding your childrens' school. My kids' school doesn't require the children to come to the office when they're picked up early (probably because they know who I am, but still...) Make sure that if someone comes to pick them up that the children are required to meet that person in the office and identify them in front of the school staff. Especially if the school doesn't know your DH...it's not that hard to get a fake ID if this weirdo is really determined. You could also require the school to call you BEFORE the children leave with anyone else.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #103 of 131

Sometimes just because you do not answer your phone thinking he will give up, the exact opposite will happen. He will get more determined and up the process to access you. Then, you do not know what he will do. If you are able to get the phone number that he is calling from, why doesn't the police get in touch with him? If someone else is answering it, then put them on notice as to what this person is doing. File charges against that person for harassment if necessary.

AmandaPanda Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:16am
post #104 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

Sometimes just because you do not answer your phone thinking he will give up, the exact opposite will happen. He will get more determined and up the process to access you. Then, you do not know what he will do. If you are able to get the phone number that he is calling from, why doesn't the police get in touch with him? If someone else is answering it, then put them on notice as to what this person is doing. File charges against that person for harassment if necessary.

that is what my fear was too. the police never told me to not answer the phone they said to answer tell him that they are tracking him and to stop calling and then if he calls again to file charges. Also to log every call. Also since he is calling from private numbers and not leaving messages the only way to know if it is really him is to answer the phone. I do not want to change my number for the same reason. It may make him mad and make him go further than he already has because I do not know who it is and I do now know what he knows about me or where he has seen me OR continues to see me? I am just going to go by the advice of the police and log the calls and tell him next time he calls that the police are onto him and then if he calls again file a warrant for his arrest and see if I can get a detective or someone to hunt him down. And he is only calling like once every other day so it isn't like he is blowing up my phone I really have no reason at this point to change my number.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:55am
post #105 of 131

Could it be someone you know? He has so many close up details like toe nail polish etc !
Maybe even a person you talk to/works at a store and got your info from when you checked out ?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #106 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Maybe even a person you talk to/works at a store

Gosh, how true! I'd forgotten about that happening to me until this post. Hubby and I were engaged. There was a really freaky guy at our local grocery. He mentioned he saw my engagement, congratulated my fiance's promotion that was in the paper, always changed checkouts so he was the one bagging my groceries and carrying them to my car. I always figure folks are just friendly, and in my hometown, I describe it as "big enough to have plenty to do and small enough that everyone knows you're doing it" so the fact that he knew about the engagement, the promotion, was just small town news.

But hubby-to-be worked for the sheriff's dept and he thought the guy was freaky. So we started noticing how this guy would sidle up to me in the store .... till hubby came over and then he bee-lined it out of there. It kept getting worse ... I started hating going to the grocery unless hubby-to-be went with me.

One day I was in the checkout line .... freak boy came over to bag the groceries. Hubby was in the store (I didnt' know it) and he came up behind me and got in line. Freak Boy decided to go back to his regular check out lane. So hubby and I commented on how "he does that all the time ... I notice he leaves me alone when YOU"RE with me!" Yes, the cashier was taking notice of our conversation. We figure she must have said something to mgmt because he started leaving me alone.

And we changed grocery stores.

AmandaPanda Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:17am
post #107 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Could it be someone you know? He has so many close up details like toe nail polish etc !
Maybe even a person you talk to/works at a store and got your info from when you checked out ?

I honestly doubt it is someone I know it could be someone who works at a store that I have been to but it must be a cart person or something. none of the stores I have been to take phone numbers at checkout. my number was on the back of my car so he could have seen me getting into my car. That is what I assume happened is that someone who was close to me or walked by me walking out of a store saw me get in my car and took down my number. so it really could be anyone, from an employee of a store to just some weirdo that happened to be at the store the same time I did. I honestly have no clue. Oh and I work at home so it is not anyone from a workplace of mine or anything like that.

AmandaPanda Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:25am
post #108 of 131

indydebi

I have had the freaky bagger thing happen to me before too, thank goodness after about 6 months he ended up leaving the grocery store or changing shifts or something because I did not see him anymore, but it did get to the point that I hated shopping at that store because the bagger made it a point to be in my checkout lane and try to make small talk every time.

I also had a man send his 10 year old daughter to talk to me and tell me how pretty I was just so he could talk to me this was about a year ago ... I think that is an all time low if you have to send your daughter to pick up chicks for you!

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:48am
post #109 of 131

There are a lot of freaks out there. I remember when I was a senior in high school, I was grocery shopping for my mom when this guy came up to me in the laundry detergent aisle. He was nice looking, late 30s probably, and started up small talk asking which detergent was best because his wife had sent him to the store and he was clueless. I said there were probably all fine. Then he complimented my sandals and asked if he could look at them, saying he would like to buy a pair like that for his wife. I thought that was totally weird, but here I was in the middle of a store aisle, so I figured not much could happen. I slipped off the shoe and handed it to him. Then he said it must be comfortable because he couldn't see any red marks where it rubbed my foot. I must have been three shades of red by that point. After a moment, he gave me the shoe back and went on his way. It was really weird, but I didn't give it much thought until about 6 months later when I was driving to college late at night and heard someone on the radio talking about Foot Fetish Man who had been hanging out at local grocery stores. She shared a story that totally matched what happened to me. As more and more people called in to share their stories, I got totally creeped out, and by the time I made it to my apartment, I was really freaked out.

AmandaPanda Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:51am
post #110 of 131

lol speaking of foot fetish ppl we get those callers at my work all the time! We have one guy that likes to call in and ask questions about feet and pedicures and toe rings and everything foot related he just wants to get you talking about it. There are a lot of crazy sickos out there! I deal with them daily on the phone through my work.

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:57am
post #111 of 131

Hmm, the guy who has been calling mentioned toe nail polish. You don't think it could be the same guy, do you?

AmandaPanda Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:01am
post #112 of 131

I have come to realize that there are a lot of crazies out there with foot fetishes, at the other place I worked prior to this company we have 2 different foot fetish guys sometimes I would get them 3-5 times a night.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:31am
post #113 of 131

Just had to say.....ewww. I hate feet. Except when my girls were babies...baby feet are different....especially to a mom. But ewwww.... I never got the foot fetish thing. Sorry, one more time.... ewwwwww. icon_redface.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:13pm
post #114 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

lol speaking of foot fetish ppl we get those callers at my work all the time! We have one guy that likes to call in and ask questions about feet and pedicures and toe rings and everything foot related he just wants to get you talking about it. There are a lot of crazy sickos out there! I deal with them daily on the phone through my work.

Ewww, This is super oogie-so read be forewarned icon_eek.gif One day I took my kids to the park, and there was this 3 year old boy hanging out under the benches so that he could sneak up and touch women's feet. His mom was embarrassed but didn't do anything to stop him. He sat under this one woman's bench the entire time we were there, trying to touch her feet because she had sandals on. She was trying to be nice, but you could see it creeped her out! All the other kids are playing and climbing, etc, and this weird kid sits under the bench for at least 30 minutes. icon_confused.gif The mom told us that on the way to the park asked if they could stop by the shoe store so he could see feet. icon_eek.gif
I SWEAR I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. icon_eek.gif Talk about a serial killer in training! Really creepy.

Anyway... icon_redface.gif Anything happen today with your stalker?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm
post #115 of 131

[quote="summernoelle"]]

Ewww, This is super oogie-so read be forewarned icon_eek.gif One day I took my kids to the park, and there was this 3 year old boy hanging out under the benches so that he could sneak up and touch women's feet. His mom was embarrassed but didn't do anything to stop him. He sat under this one woman's bench the entire time we were there, trying to touch her feet because she had sandals on. She was trying to be nice, but you could see it creeped her out! All the other kids are playing and climbing, etc, and this weird kid sits under the bench for at least 30 minutes. icon_confused.gif The mom told us that on the way to the park asked if they could stop by the shoe store so he could see feet. icon_eek.gif
I SWEAR I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. icon_eek.gif Talk about a serial killer in training! Really creepy.quote]

I bet this kid will grow up to be one hell of a pedicurist icon_lol.gif Sorry I couldn't resist.

summernoelle Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:53pm
post #116 of 131

lol!

AmandaPanda Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:57pm
post #117 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Anyway... icon_redface.gif Anything happen today with your stalker?

nope nothing yet today with the stalker..... seems like he went from every day to every other day now is allowing more time in between calls. We will see.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:41am
post #118 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

indydebi

I also had a man send his 10 year old daughter to talk to me and tell me how pretty I was just so he could talk to me this was about a year ago ... I think that is an all time low if you have to send your daughter to pick up chicks for you!

Amanda,
When you called the number back, did you say that a female answered the phone? Could it be this same guy?

If he is calling from his job, maybe he is on a new schedule, or has had people around him that would overhear.

Please be careful.

-Debbie B.

AmandaPanda Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:54am
post #119 of 131

i didn't call back but one of my friends did and said a woman answered one of the phones 2 of the other phones were fax machines. The phone that the girl answered was in another town right by where I live the numbers he calls from most are in my city so I am still stumped .... but I think he is aware that we know the numbers because he has been blocking the numbers every time he calls now.

summernoelle Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:29am
post #120 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkette

Hmm, the guy who has been calling mentioned toe nail polish. You don't think it could be the same guy, do you?

That is such a good point. Any chance they sound similar?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%