Any Christian-Related Cake?!

Decorating By Anjoli Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 9:20pm by Anjoli

Anjoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anjoli Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:11am
post #1 of 7

I am entering an fine arts competition called Festival of Life in February. I know it's kind of far away, but I know I won't even enter if I don't start figuring things out now. I want to make a cake since it's something different and not many, if any, people will make cakes since it's a teen competition. I thought it would be unique and fun, especially since I haven't made a cake in a while. My youth pastor suggested it.

ANYWAY:
I need help coming up with ideas! I will probably use dummy cakes for it if possible, just in case I make it to finals which is a month later...I don't want to have to remake it, lol. Plus, I have to travel to the competition with a group of people, so this would be MUCH safer.

So I'm open to ANY suggestions. Bible stories. Crosses. Verses. Anything involving anything at all Christian-related by any means. I'm open to anything in any style--carved, tiered, whatever. Think wide because I can do anything and am not very limited. lol.

Thank you!

6 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 7

Sounds fun! Maybe try doing a book cake with all your favorite bible stories coming off the page. Do a search in the galleries for "religious" and see if you can get inspiration there. Good luck!

Teresa

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 7

I saw a christmas cake ones....stacked tiers depicting the nativity scene. It was amazing! I think any story would work for that idea though.

roseyrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roseyrider Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 7

I Have always wanted to do (and will probably do it this christmas) a nativity scene with the barn etc 3d in gumpaste. Otherwise what about the sea parting for the israelites with them walking through, and if you are feeling adventurous you could do the egyptians following behind with the waves crashing down on them. HTH.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 7

Oh wow... you could do so much with this! icon_smile.gif

Some ideas to get you brainstorming:

1) The three crosses on the hill - shape the cake in to the hill and place 3D crosses on it, with Jesus' cross at the highest point.

2) The empty tomb with the stone rolled and propped up to the side of the tomb and the angel perched on top.

3) two hands propped open like a book (like the hand sign). On the palms put the holes where the nails pierced his hands

4) Have a lion and a lamb cuddled up beside each other icon_smile.gif

5) Build Noah's ark out of cake! Place little fondant animal figures around/on it.

Hmm... I'm going to have to try some of these ideas now..got my brain working icon_wink.gif

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 7

Since it is in February maybe you could go with a love theme as in John 3:16. You could have the carved hands (with nailprints) holding the world.

Or, do the life of Christ- manger to cross with silouhettes around the tiers of wise men,shepherds and manger etc. then going up to 2nd tier healings, preaching from the boat, walking on the water, children on His lap etc. with the cross also in silouettes because that is not what should be prominent-the open empty tomb should be depicted with the message that He will come again.
Just ideas. Good luck.

Anjoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anjoli Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 7

thanks everyone!! these are all perfect ideas, so my mind is flowing with possibilities thanks to you. good thing i have a couple months to choose what to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%