Cookie Expo

Baking By cookiesbyms Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 10:55am by cookiesbyms

cookiesbyms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesbyms Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:04am
post #1 of 4

Ive been trying really hard to start up a cookie business but here cookies just aren't the in thing yet. The other day I made some cookies for my sister in laws baby shower and a lady who saw them has invited me to be part of a kids expo. I'm so excited as this gives me the chance to show people what is so special about cookies, I love them. So to get to the point I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I could display the cookies at the expo. I was thinking of doing maybe a huge flower display or maybe even making a castle with tiaras and crown cookies popping out. What do you think?

3 replies
taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:21am
post #2 of 4

Hello,

When we first did an exhibition, we put individual cookies in chunky white picture frames and stuck them to the wall. They looked really funky and the colours really popped against the white. Trouble was, some people thought we sold them in the frames!!! The next time we had a much bigger stand and had bouquets and individual cookies on acrylic stands.

HTH!
x

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:56am
post #3 of 4

I would PM kneadacookie. She has some very clever ways to display cookies (think of those wire Christmas trees, and the cookies as the ornaments...only not really done as a Christmas theme). I've heard where some people attach the bagged cookies to styrofoam cones. Bouquets are always an eye-catcher, too. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out for you.

cookiesbyms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesbyms Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:55am
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for your response. I like the idea of the frames and the idea of sticking them to a Styrofoam cone. The expo isn't till October 26 but I'll be sure to take some photos of my displays to show you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%