I Need Help With Dinosaurs

Decorating By Pitchers_Bakery Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 9:18pm by kakeladi

Pitchers_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pitchers_Bakery Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 3

hi all, I just received a cake order for a dinosaur cake!

Dilemma, I don't know where to start...

Heres what I want to do...
i want to make it 2 tiered.
I want it to look like a jungle cake, but dinosaur style, grass, trees, rocks, water etc.

I can make grass, im sure i can figure the water out, but i need help with trees, dinosaurs, anything and everything else.

Please anything you can help me with will be awesome!!!

2 replies
chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

Try doing a search for jungle or dinosaurs in the gallery. There are many great cakes in there to get inspiration from.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 3

you don't say how many you need to serve....I guess it must be a lg # since yu are thinking 2 tiers.
Trees aren't too hard.....ice cream cones upside down covered w/fondant OR b'cream.
For fondant - cover cone rather thick, then starting at the bottom & working up, snip cuts in it.
For b'cream; again, start at the bottom; pipe 'leaves' around, then in the next row, pipe them inbetween each two in that row; continue up the tree to the top. Leaves are actually shells pulled downward. Let them overlap the bottom row as you work up. There are many tips that can be used for this: #16, 18, 63 thru 70; 349 thru 352 - it's your choice icon_smile.gif
Other trees can be made from pretzel rods w/fondant leaves on top (look tropical). The rods can be covered w/brown fondant or left plain.
Shrubs: marshmellows covered like the trees icon_smile.gif
Dino: candy molded if you have the molds OR bake a mini doll skirt. Cover w/green icing somewhat roughly. The legs are piped w/lg round tip by making a comma then bringing it down to whatever the dino is sitting on & forward a bit (foot). Tail is just a fat line that tapers to the end.
I might have a pic for you but won't be able to post it until late tommorow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%