Cute Idea For Holiday Packaging Of Oreo Cookies!!!

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm by thin4life

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:14am
post #301 of 347

hi toleshed, their should be a lil box that saids "attachment" and you click that and it should let you. if your using the quick comment box at the bottom of page, click preview and then after it loads the page you can scroll down it will be there, when you click "attachment" then you click "browse" and pick your pic icon_biggrin.gif

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:28am
post #302 of 347

Toleshed, I did not put these in the freezer. I just let them cool on the counter.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:36am
post #303 of 347

angelatx
That doesn't work for me to post an attachment. Where is the lil box you spoke of?
Thanks

angelatx Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:05am
post #304 of 347

hi toleshed, when you go to the quick comment section at the bottom of the thread you can start your post and then click "preview" it will take you to another page, where you can add your attachment. if you look past the box where you write, their are some lil boxes you can click for disabling things or notify me when a reply posted, right under that you will see "attachment posting control panel" their is a lil box within that area that saids "add an attachment" you click that, then it will reload the page and it will have the box under the first "attachment area you clicked, you will see that it saids "browse" you will click that and then click "add attachment"
its a bit confusing icon_confused.gif cuz their are so many steps and then it repeats attachment a few times, i hope that helps. icon_smile.gif its the only way i know how to do it. if anyone knows another way for it to be easier, i wish they would come along, hehehe! Goodluck!!! oh and sometimes the pic might be too big so then you have another problem, hehe! all that just to post a pic. crazy! hehehe icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:12am
post #305 of 347

Some of my Christmas Oreos dipped not molded and made with candy cane oreos! icon_smile.gif
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:15am
post #306 of 347

Amifsud.. Im sorry I dont know why your cookies would have turned a white color ?
I do put mine in the freezer to set up and they dont turn any color.

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:19am
post #307 of 347

Amifsud. I want to say that your cookies are just gorgeous!
I also wanted to ask if the cookies you dipped in the left over choc had been just sitting out or you had just used it ,then used it again or what ?
Also what choc do you use ?

angelatx Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:55am
post #308 of 347

i love those oreos fiddlesticks!!! gingerbread men rock!! CUTE!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:56pm
post #309 of 347

angelatx..Thanks for the nice words they were a huge hit with everyone !

Amifsud Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 5:17pm
post #310 of 347

Fiddlestix, I used melt n mold, just opened the package. I did the oreos dipped in chocolate first then the molded ones, the molded ones turned out fine, do you think the first ones the chocolate was not hot enough? Am I supposed to let it get to a certain temp? Thanks for the comment on the cookies they were fun to make.

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:18pm
post #311 of 347

I wouldnt think so,with dipping choc it just has to be warm enough to melt ,not hot. Thats strange though, sorry I just dont have an answer.I hope someone might know for you.
I have never had mine do that.

Amifsud Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:47pm
post #312 of 347

Oh well thanks for your help anyway, I will figure it out. I might try some of the parafin chips and see if that helps. I am still waiting on my molds for spinning leaf so I am sure I will figure something out.

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:54pm
post #313 of 347

It just doesent make since that it would work one way and not the other. Let us know if you figure it out. You will love the spinning leaf molds. did you get the reg size or the mini,s?

Amifsud Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:58pm
post #314 of 347

I got most of them I think I ordered 13 all together but I order 2 of some of the plain ones. I also got the nutter butter mold, cause I love those cookies. I might try using the Chocolate from Trader Joes they have a really good milk chocolate bar that I use for Rocky Road.

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 8:10pm
post #315 of 347

Im hooked on Sams club dipping choc ! Did you happen to get the new clown oreo mold ? Its on the new molds email they sent a few days ago ? I might have to order that its so cute and I love clowns!

Amifsud Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #316 of 347

We do not have a Sam Club here in CA, I did not order the clown. I am sure Iwill down the line, I get this order in first then see.

t00precious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t00precious Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 4:09pm
post #317 of 347

I saw the dipping chocolate in Sam's. Just wasn't sure of the taste. I am used to Merkens. Does it taste the same?

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:02pm
post #318 of 347

The Sams diping choc is delicious ! Its called a double choc . So its a combo of milk and maybe semi ? Not overly sweet but not bitter at all I just know its yummy! The White also is delish !
I suppose it depends on your personal taste but thats all I used this Holiday and it was a Big hit with everyone that had any of my candy! I liked it better then the Merkens I had also bought and my merkins is still sitting here while I used the Sams.

angelatx Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:21am
post #319 of 347

hey everyone and fiddlesticks! got me a new oreo done. it was for my dd friends bday. it was funny cuz i meant to put six petals on them and on a few i did, but all the others have five. i was feeling a bit under the weather, i didn't even notice til i was done, lol!!! hope everyone is doing well!! icon_biggrin.gif well darn it didn't let me attach it and i don't know how to make it smaller. its in my photos tho.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:31am
post #320 of 347

Those are super cute! Did you color the white chocolate or use candy melts?

angelatx Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #321 of 347

hi linliv! and thank you. i actually used almond bark. cheap huh?? hehehe i used wilton gel colors. icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:38am
post #322 of 347

Hi angelatx.. Your cookies are wonderful ! I love the oreo,s and your final display looked very festive, great job!

angelatx Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:41am
post #323 of 347

gee thnx fiddlesticks... i am sincerely humbled by your compliments. your such an awesome person. *huggers* icon_biggrin.gif

going to post some new cookies in a bit, after upload them. i have a layered one that was inspired by CeRae. icon_biggrin.gif

Linliv46 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:48am
post #324 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelatx

hi linliv! and thank you. i actually used almond bark. cheap huh?? hehehe i used wilton gel colors. icon_biggrin.gif

Glad to hear that! I never thought about coloring the white almond bark! DUH! icon_rolleyes.gif I am like Fiddlesticks I really got hooked on the Ghiradelli dipping stuff from Sams! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #325 of 347

Hey Linda did you find the large pretzel bags ?
angelatx.. Your very welcome you did an awesome job!

Linliv46 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:10am
post #326 of 347

Fiddlesticks, I found the bags online but I am going to HL to check & see if they have them first. We don't have Michaels. icon_rolleyes.gif Can't believe I have never done pretzels, but I think they are really a pretty "package"! I also got 2 different heart box molds. Maybe I will get to try them out soon! Having terrible trouble with arthritis!
I am sooo thrilled too be getting all these notices again! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:16am
post #327 of 347

This is what I did with some of mine for Christmas!
LL

Linliv46 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:21am
post #328 of 347

Those are soo pretty! You know, I don't know if my mold is deep enough for the "fat" pretzels! hahaha!!! That was what I had in mind tho when I ordered it.

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:32am
post #329 of 347

Im sure they will turn out great ! I did these fuller bags for a family gift rather then so many seperate bags. That way I didnt have to use so many bags per family since they all went to the same place anyway. There are also cute decorated bags to but I already had these around so I just went ahead and used them with ribbon for this yr.

angelatx Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 5:23am
post #330 of 347

those pretzel sticks look so super yummy! so festive looking! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%