Cake Stand For Sheet Cake???

Decorating By bobbied Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 12:11pm by bobbied

bobbied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobbied Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:14am
post #1 of 12

I'm making an 11x15 sheet cake for a party and it will be displayed on the gift table ... does anyone have an idea for an inexpensive stand that will get the cake higher off the table and still have some stability? Thanks for any ideas!!!

11 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:45am
post #3 of 12

What about using a chip type bowl from the $ store. Hot glue that to the bottom of your covered cake board so it doesn't slip, HTH

lainalee Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:46am
post #4 of 12

What about using a chip type bowl from the $ store. Hot glue that to the bottom of your covered cake board so it doesn't slip, HTH the bowl would haveto be upside down

lainalee Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:46am
post #5 of 12

What about using a chip type bowl from the $ store. Hot glue that to the bottom of your covered cake board so it doesn't slip, HTH the bowl would haveto be upside down

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 12

I have used a large cake pan under the cake board (sturdy) and depending on the look I want, I sometimes use a pretty tablecloth or piece of fabric draping over the pan.

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 12

If there will be a tablecloth on the table, you could use a cardboard box. It should be sturdy enough, give you the lift that you need and you could probably pick one up at the grocery store for free.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:43pm
post #8 of 12

How about a glass rack? Drape it in a tablecloth, and it would be perfect. Depending on the look that you want, you can "poof" if around at the bottom, or go for a smoother, sleeker look and wrap it around the glass rack like a gift.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:

I've seen one like the first one listed at the thrift store and never thought about using it for a sheet cake stand. Now, I have another reason to go back to the thrift store. Thanks for the great idea.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #10 of 12

Another thing is those glass blocks that you can get at home depot or lowes. They are in the bathroom area or flooring area. Cant remember.

lainalee Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #11 of 12

Ohhh, glass blocks, that could be pretty. You could set a set of battery operated lights behind it (like the ones at the holidays). I'll have to remember that one. Thanks Shelly

bobbied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobbied Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:11pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you all so much for the great ideas!!!! I'm off to the store to check out these options!

What great BRAINS are out there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%