"old" Man Cake

Decorating By julitre1 Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm by julitre1

julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 9

Hey, everyone. I'm doing a cake for my FIL for his birthday and I know what I want to do, but don't know exactly how I'm going to do it. It is going to be a open first aid kit with all the "old" man essentials, FIXODENT, ALEVE, BENGAY, and FALSE TEETH. I'm pretty sure on everything except the false teeth. How do you think I can form these without actually putting the fondant/gumpaste (not sure what I'm going to use yet) in my mouth to form actual gums. Any help you can give would be great. Oh, and any other areas in the cake that you have ideas for, please share, they'll probably be better than mine. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 9

How about using some of those plastic Halloween teeth for a fondant mold? I've already seen Halloween costumes in the stores so you should be able to find some.

I love your cake idea icon_smile.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 9

I agree with the plastic halloween teeth, you can even get the "wax" ones in candy stores. I can't wait to see your pics. icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #4 of 9

There is a candy mold of false teeth but the ideas given are good onesicon_smile.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #5 of 9

Cute idea....if you search CC under "teeth" there are several pictures of teeth...

post picture when done...sounds cute

julitre1 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 9

thank you everyone, the same idea came to me right after i posted, lol, some times it takes a bit to get my brain to work. i looked at wal-mart and couldn't find any, i couldn't believe it, but i will keep looking and will def. post pics when i'm done.

thank you everyone!

julitre1 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 9

I wanted to let everyone know that I finished the cake and posted it to my gallery. It didn't really turn out like it was in my head, but I guess it was a good first try. I'm really kind of disappointed with it, just because it didn't look more real, but hopefully my FIL will like it.

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:20am
post #8 of 9

I thought your cake was adorable! I love the false teeth! Such a clever idea icon_smile.gif I am sure he will love it! Sorry for the double post in your comments icon_redface.gif

julitre1 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 9

thank you, a double post is better than no post right? lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%