Need Help On How To Box A Cake.......

Decorating By bailey4302 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 4:19am by Molly2

bailey4302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bailey4302 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 9

I have an order for the wilton panda bear 3d cake. How in the world do I box this for her to pick up? Thanks everyone.

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 9

Set it in a deep box .. gently drape with saran wrap ... staple loose ends of saran to the sides of the box.

MaryAtk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAtk Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 9

I usually use the cake boxes you can get at Michael's. When I have a taller cake, I chose a box size that fits the base and then I cut the tops off two boxes and use one of the bottoms as the top. Then tape it in place. I use the tops for other things, like drying fondant cut outs, so they aren't totally wasted. icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 9

Here's how I do it.
LL

bailey4302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bailey4302 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks so much for the picture, that helps!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 9

Diane, thanks for that pic. that's how I boxed the cake I made today. icon_biggrin.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 9

Sometimes, if it's a tall cake and the base board is 12" or smaller then I put it in one of those bankers file boxes and drape plastic wrap over the top. I also put a piece of gripper pad underneath to keep it from sliding. To put the cake in and take it out I put the box on a chair and lift straight up.

DebraDough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebraDough Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 9

Does anyone have a favorite web site to buy boxes in bulk ? I am so glad I checked out this thread...answered some of my questions too. One of my biggest challenges is keeping "fuzz" out of the frosting. I love that blue plastic tarp or whatever it is on the table in the photo...I will definately try that one. I'll also take any other hints that you might share. I have always had trouble keeping fuzz out of my many endeavours....none of which the fuzz is a desirable accent. I'm off into the big world...check with you guys later. Blessings, Debra

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:19am
post #9 of 9

This is how I Pkg my cakes I use a cake box and add to it
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%