Wilton 3 Inch Globes

Decorating By vonnie99 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 11:08am by vonnie99

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi - has anyone used the Wilton 3 inch globes as supports between layers? I am doing a two tier cake and want to use the 3 inch globes as supports between them and I'm just not sure of the correct way to use them...do I simply place then on the first layer and then add the second on top or is there more to the process? I'd love any help you guys can give - I'm using them for my first competition...

3 replies
jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 4

The globes should come with a set of hidden pillars, if not, buy a set. The globes will slide on the pillar, then all you do is hold the pillar with the globe on it up to the side of your cake, measure the height and trim off the access pillar. The pillar acts as your supports. I hope this helps!

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:37am
post #3 of 4

I'd like to use the globe pillars also on a three tier, but not sure what to but the cake on, cake plates, those plastic ones from wilton, don't they have thingys on the bottom of them to put the other kind of pillars in? What could I use? I'm still pretty new at this, thanks for any help.

Debbie

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:08am
post #4 of 4

I used the plastic wilton ones you mentioned for my cake - I think it helped to balance it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%