stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 14
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 14

I quickly realized when you search for it here on CC, you have to spell it out....No Fail Sugar Cookies!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks!!!

Bakerof2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerof2 Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 14

A[ok my cookies are spreading !!!! Help! I did everything the same as written. The first batch I did a few weeks ago were fine. Igh

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 8:41pm
post #8 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakerof2 

[ok my cookies are spreading !!!! Help! I did everything the same as written. The first batch I did a few weeks ago were fine. Igh

Did you refrigerate the dough before baking them? Mine only spread a teeny tiny bit. Also, when halving the recipe, I find that I need to add a bit more flour, although another member on here says she doesn't need to do that. You could also decrease the leavening or eliminate it completely.

Bakerof2 Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 14

A

Original message sent by craftybanana

Did you refrigerate the dough before baking them? Mine only spread a teeny tiny bit. Also, when halving the recipe, I find that I need to add a bit more flour, although another member on here says she doesn't need to do that. You could also decrease the leavening or eliminate it completely.

Yup put in fridge. I even put some in before baking to harden them.

I made a batch with out baking powder also. Didn't make a difference. I lowered temp to 325 which they spread less.

Ugh

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakerof2 

Yup put in fridge. I even put some in before baking to harden them.

I made a batch with out baking powder also. Didn't make a difference. I lowered temp to 325 which they spread less.

Ugh

Yikes, not sure then. I don't have much trouble with that one. Sorry I'm not much help then. :(

Bakerof2 Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 4:19pm
post #11 of 14
Bakerof2 Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 4:25pm
post #12 of 14

AI made thicjker ones which spread then I tried thin ones which were a little better. How thin Do you roll your cookies? I don't want them too thin because it's like " where's the cookie?" Haha

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 8:52pm
post #13 of 14

add a bit more flour, don't use any baking powder, let the dough rest in the fridge for an hour before rolling out. roll to 1/4 inch,  Bake at 400 f.

Bakerof2 Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 9:05pm
post #14 of 14

AI did a batch with no baking powder. I also did 400. I used same batch and tried 325. Same results. Maybe it feels my stress haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%