Need Help Making A Sitting Mouse Figurine Topper

Decorating By itsmylife Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 2:54am by itsmylife

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make an Angelina Ballerina figurine for a cake for next Saturday and would like to know the best way to do it.

Can I make her out of fondant or should I use something else. Do I do it in stages? Like should I make the head separate from the body, etc and how long would it take for it to harden?

She needs to be similar to this picture I'm attaching - not exact... just similar.

Any thoughts, ideas, hints would be appreciated - I've never done something like this before.

Thank you!!!
LL

2 replies
tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:36am
post #2 of 3

I use MMF and add tyrose powder, but if you can't find tyrose use 50/50 gumpaste and fondant. it will take a few days to dry depending on the weather. Yes the head should be done seperately. but poke a spagetti noodle or a toothpick into the body and to the head so when it drys you can attach it. Good Luck!!!

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:54am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for the response - I was beginning to think I farted or something... rarely do I ever NOT get a response on anything hahaha.

I will go with the gumpaste/fondant mix..... can I just use the ready made wilton stuff? Then do I knead together equal parts fondant and gumpaste (I think this was what you were saying about 50/50) and then just shape the pieces and sit them out to dry?

Last - after I shape the pieces (and they've dried) - can I paint them for the details (like the eyes, etc). What should I use to paint?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%