Stand And Fountain Rental

Business By lovinkakes Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 6:19pm by Solecito

lovinkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovinkakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 13

So, I would charge $50 rental fee and $200 deposit on this bad boy? I looked at old posts and thought this might be about right. Charge a rental fee plus a deposit to cover the cost of everything. That fountain is $73 alone! Not sure where to store all this stuff though once I get it back, but it will be good to have. Thanks.
LL

12 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 13

Just want to say how much I ENVY you getting to make a cake like that!!! icon_surprised.gif Jealous, jealous, jealous, that's me right now!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 13

Wow, that's really "Old School". Is it a replica of a cake for an anniversary? My friend had a cake like that but that was 1987. She said she's going to have a replica of it for their 25th and she hopes all of us can squeeze into our Laura Ashley bridesmaid dresses again. I've got 4 years to find it and 4 years to get back in it.
You know though, as much as we laugh about these things everytime Michael's has a 40% or 50% off coupon in the paper, they're always out of those within a few hours after opening.

lovinkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovinkakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 13

Thanks, guys. Indydebi, you CRACK ME UP!!! Bride just loves the look of it. I guess I'm OK with the rental stuff then. Oooh! Michaels and Joann's or HL coupons. Right! Again, after this, I should have a stand for everything.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 13

Maybe she wants it as a "keepsake". You can always try to unload it on her. icon_wink.gif BTW will there be 9 attendants as depicted in the picture? Please post a picture of this wonderful cake in all it's fountain and staircase glory when it's completed.
Seriously, I asked the lady one time about the fountains and all because I thought I should get one, just to have on hand and she said that I would need to get there when they opened because they flew out of there like hotcakes. That was in Augusta, GA, and I asked here in VA if that was the same. The two cashiers both looked at each other and said that yes, they flew out of there as well although neither of them understood why.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 13

i used to rent that kinda stuff....no one has wanted a fountain around here in years...

wow that cake is a whopper...how many did it serve?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:20pm
post #7 of 13

Wow GI-normous! icon_eek.gif
Those old school cakes certainly make a grand statement!
It looks like it would serve a lot more than 200!

Yes, I think you have your rental and deposit about right.

I bought a bunch of stuff from a bakery going out of business, incl 2 fountains and lots of stairs. I wonder if I will ever use them...

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

i used to rent that kinda stuff....no one has wanted a fountain around here in years...

My thoughts, too; then today...my consultation couple wanted the fountain, side stairs and in her words, "little people to stand on the stairs." LOL.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 13

i cant see the pic

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 13

I love it!

It reminds me of the Lemax display at Michael's, with all the minature people and stuff...I wish they had a Lemax for cake! You could have the mini-maids and and mini-groomsmen going up and down the stairs, dipping tiny cups into the fountain then pouring them back in....maybe even have them the bride throwing her bouquet off the top of the cake over and over and over again...

That'd be so cool!

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

i cant see the pic

I couldn't see it at first either - then I clicked on the little red "x" and it popped right up.

That cake reminds me of one at a wedding I attended years ago. There were stairs and fountains and lights all over the place. The bride's mother owned a cake supply store - go figure.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 13

aha it poped up , thank you

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:19pm
post #13 of 13

Nice cake. I do like cake like this they are easier to put toghether than the stacked ones.
I don't charge a rental fee only deposit fee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%