Edible Image Help...quick Please Doing It Now!!!

Decorating By marriedtoagreek74 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm by marriedtoagreek74

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 5

How do I put it on and will it hold OK until a party tomoorrow mod morning or will it disolve

Thanks,
Amy with sticky buttercream and fondant all over my hands

4 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 5

Just peel the back of the paper and place it over your BC in the place you need it, flatten it with your hand on top of the paper and carefully peel the cover paper, if it doesn't separate easy from the paper (it should) you can use an exacto knife to "help" it but almost never happen. If you are using BC it holds for a long time on you cake but if you are using whipped cream it will desolve slowly but it will (it will happen after several hours, not immediately). HTH, good luck with your birthday.gif !

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 5

Since I don't know about these I guess mine is different, there is no back. I didn't buy it prepackaged. They don't have those where we live, they just took the image and printed it out with edible ink on an edible paper. I want to attatch it to a fondant rocket from "little einsteins". She said to use piping gel, but to put it on top of the image and stick it on. That doesn't mke sense to me.

AMy

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 5

Are you using an edible image (frosting sheet) or an image printed on wafer paper?

If edible image(frsting sheet0 then pop it in the freezer for maybe 3 minutes and the image will pop up off the backing.

If you're uusing wafr paper, then ct out the image and put piping gel on the back side and place it where you want. Wafer Paper does not dissolve unless it gets wet (like with water.)

It is possible to put piping get on the front to stick wafer paper on, but it's a bit messier and you have to have a light and precise hand to do it. If it's your first time, put the piping gel on the back.

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Leahs!! It is wafer paper, I just didn't realize it! Thanks soooo much, I think I will put it on in the morning. I see your posts alot and that you are in L'ville, I used to live in Lex. but now a world away in Cyprus!!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%