Atom Crusher

Lounge By bakincakin Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 2:21pm by bakincakin

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 4

What the HE!! were these so called scientist thinking when they mentioned the possibility of the world being sucked into a black hole icon_surprised.gif At my son's school ALOT of the kids listen to the news (my 10 year old son included) and they were/are terrified now. You know, I used to pride myself at the fact my kids didn't watch many cartoons. They love watching Discovery, History Channel, Animal Planet etc., but now I'm more inclined to say, "please go watch a cartoon". All that's on TV anymore is death and destruction and frankly, I'm getting tired of it. I will get off my soapbox now icon_lol.gif

Karen

3 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 4

I agree Karen,

I dread what my grandkids watch unless it cartoons. My kids when they were younger never had to worry about the ozone or the declining climate. It's really scary when I think about what kids will worry about now a days. icon_cry.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 4

I won't hardly watch the news anymore, its so depressing, I just can't take all the death, destruction, crime and corruption of our children.

My Friends Tigger and Pooh is so much happier and I don't have to worry about her learning bad things - so far a 2 she has learned how to whistle, listen, pay attention and most importantly "think, think, think"!

I say stick to the toons! Save the news for when you have stocked up on antidepressants and anxiety meds!

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 4

My son gets so worked up about ALL of it. It started with the MR YUCK in 1st grade. We refused to go down the cleaning aisle in Walmart and if I cleaned my house he would have a breakdown. They drummed it in their heads they would die if they came into contact with any of the "poisons" and he took it literally. It was horrible. Needless to say I didn't have to clean icon_lol.gif Then it went to washing his hands after EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. He then learned about the Mayan prediction that the world would come to an end 12/21/2012. Had to set him straight on that one (if they were right, how couldn't they predict their own demise icon_lol.gif )This past July we went on vacation and right before we were leaving, he started in about the bird flu. The day we were leaving, he broke down on the bathroom floor bawling and not wanting to go because he thought he might get the bird flu. While on vacation, he started with the weather and global warming and then became terrified of the clouds icon_confused.gif Two days ago at school, they spotted 8 water spouts over Lake Michigan. That about made him pee his pants. Now the dreaded Atom Crusher. icon_mad.gif

Holy crap....as I read this back, I think he needs therapy icon_confused.gif

Cartoons here we come.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%