7Minute Frosting Help

Decorating By cakesbydina Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm by Homemade-Goodies

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:56am
post #1 of 5

I made 7 minute frosting last night for my husbands birhtday cake. My question is do you have to refridgerate this cake because of the egg whites? It looked a little droopy this morning nad for health reasons I don't know if it's still okay to eat it. I am starting a cake business and I need this info for furture reference. Is this a good icing for cakes I sell to customers...i.e does it keep well?

4 replies
amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:05am
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't refridgerate it b/c it will mess up the consistency of the frosting. I personally LOVE 7 minute frosting, but it's probably not everyone's fav. and you don't have to worry about the egg whites because they cook from the hot syrup.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 5

definitely no refrigeration. as for being droopy, 7-minute frosting doesn't hold up for long. It's generally something you make and eat immediately! yum yum. Or that's as long as it lasts in my house. icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 5

7 minute frosting is only good for 24 hours. i actually have not let it go for more than 12 hours. it gets sticky or something and is not as good as when it was just made. i like it a lot though.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

I love 7 minute frosting as well...and have set it in the fridge before. But, only for family use, it definitely doesn't stay glossy and yummy looking for customers - although the taste is still there. My family has also eaten it next day unrefrigerated, no one died! icon_lol.gif

If it were more versatile, I'd use it more for customer cakes. I think cupcakes can be more forgiving....I plan to try it, anyway!

Best of luck to you!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%