Gas Prices Here We Go Again

Lounge By jackie64 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm by Meemawfish

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:19am
post #1 of 9

When I took my mother to work tonight we stopped at a minit mart and the cashier told her that gas would be fifty cents higher by in the morning . I saw on another board she said that it went from $3.47 to $5.36 a gallon in South Carolina since yesterday . What makes me so mad is that this is hurting children . I think about how many kids are going to bed hungry because of this crap icon_mad.gif I talked to a teacher on another board she said she could really tell its hurting kids she said she has a lot of kids bringing mayonaise sandwiches for lunch , I am just sick of this mess . I know we all are suffering because of this please forgive me for complaining. icon_mad.gif

8 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:13am
post #2 of 9

Yeah, and while the offshore wells are shut down because of IKE, OPEC decides to cut back too, after all, the price might drop a few cents if there is plenty of gas out there!

Maybe some day those people at OPEC will find themselves stuck with their oil because the US has figured out how to get our own and OPEC can go fly a kite!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 9

Amen to that. I hope they do get stuck with it and I hope we come up with a better plan of action soon. I think our gas in Georgia is suppose to be 5.00 by Sunday. icon_eek.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Yeah, and while the offshore wells are shut down because of IKE, OPEC decides to cut back too, after all, the price might drop a few cents if there is plenty of gas out there!

Maybe some day those people at OPEC will find themselves stuck with their oil because the US has figured out how to get our own and OPEC can go fly a kite!

That's funny, dh and I were just saying the exact same thing. There was just an article on TV that gas was down to $103. a barrel. When it was that last time (a couple of years ago) price per gallon was $2.50 or so!!!!

And who says they're not gouging us!! icon_confused.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 9

Everyone is hurting with these gas prices. Eight yrs ago oil was 12 bucks a barrel. Explain why it has gone up that much.

Mike

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 9

Yep...this morning gas here was $3.92 now it's $4.09. I just read the news that oil went below $100.00 a barrel. Why is gas going up? icon_mad.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 9

$$$$$$$$$ PROFITS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:16pm
post #8 of 9

I saw it advertised in NJ today for $3.31, and it was full service. Strange, huh? Here in PA, it's in the low $3.40's. I really do think that the OPEC people hate us.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm
post #9 of 9

They don't hate us they love us. We keep making them fatter and fatter in the wallet. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%