Need Help With Pumpkin Theme 1St Birthday

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 2:37pm by Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 21

Has any one ever been asked this? A friend of mine ask me to make a cake for her daughter its her first birthday she wants a Pumpkin Theme NOT Halloween I am having a problem coming up with something really cute please help any ideas are welcome

Molly

20 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:34am
post #2 of 21

Ann Getties (sp?) -- she makes babies in many fruit and veg ; very cute ideas. Do a google search for ideas.

Molly2 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #3 of 21

I looked up Ann Getties but could not find anything would you happen to have a website

Molly

Molly2 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:14am
post #4 of 21

Anybody have ideas or pictures

Molly icon_sad.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:11am
post #5 of 21

Here's a line:
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020oz68lIlmgBPzajzbkF/SIG=1283qn483/EXP=1221278899/**http%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/8626655@N05/2050755783/

I was wrong on the spelling it's Geddes
I googled images "Ann Geddes baby"......this line is on pg 9 or 10.

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #6 of 21

The 2009 wilton book has some cute ideas with their 3d pumkin pan. They turned it in to a carriage . Its pretty cute.

twinsmake5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 21

You could bake two bundt cakes. Put the one upside down for the bottom of the pumpkin and put the other on top for the top of the pumpking. Add a stem, leaves, tendrils. If you are good with fondant figures, a little mouse peeking out from behind or just maybe he got inside the pumpkin would be cute! Williams-Sonoma has a picture of a cake that looks like this idea in their current catalog. You can likely see it online at their site.

Molly2 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 21

Thank You I'll check out the William Sonoma and Wiltons book

Molly thumbs_up.gif

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:51pm
post #9 of 21

IF you are good with Fondant, why don't you do a pumpkin patch with a baby holding a either a pumpkin, or a 1? Also could do the 3D pumpkin, and instead of the steam make the #1 in place of it.?

missnyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnyc Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:50pm
post #10 of 21

Personally i love this cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=67616

Or how about a pumpkin patch with a baby hiding in the middle looking over one of the pumpkins.

Molly2 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:40pm
post #11 of 21

Cute ideas Thank You

Molly thumbs_up.gif

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:49am
post #12 of 21

We were just talking about this same theme in another forum:

Saw this cute Figure by Aine2:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261651.html

Your phrase could say HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUMPKIN!

Molly2 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:04pm
post #13 of 21

aztomcat

Thank You that is so cute I'd like to know the other forum maybe their are more ideas I can read about, The birthday cake I'm make is for a little girl mom doesn't want the face on the pumpkin but she does want the fall colors and a pumpkin patch or pumpkin carriage Thank you for all your help. at first I really didn't want to make this cake but now with all the wonderful ideas I'm getting excited Thanks to All My CC Friends you guys ROCK!

Molly thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

piscesbleue36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
piscesbleue36 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:01am
post #14 of 21

My mom (CakeRN) did a pumkin cake for my nephews first birthday, she has the picture uploaded here on CC. She also did a red wagon with little pumpkins (cake balls covered with chocolate), there is a picture of this cake as well. You should check them out maybe they will give you an idea to expand upon or at least a place to start.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:36am
post #15 of 21

I just love the one with the mice coming out of the pumpkin.... Have you seen it? It is after the decorator.... Brown. Can't think of her first name right now.... put pumpkin mice in the search here...

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 12:17pm
post #16 of 21

It's Debbie Brown. If you check out her excellent website there are lots of pictures of the cakes in her books, it might be among them. Good luck xx

Jopalis Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:33pm
post #17 of 21

Yes, yes Debbie Brown! Thank you. I had a brain glitch. Here is a picture of one done by LolaT on here. It 's adorable.

google "pumpkin mice" on CC and choose to look at more pictures. There are a few....
LL

Molly2 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #18 of 21

Thank You all so much I will be making the Pumpkin Patch cake on the weekend of the 10th of October and will post a picture before I hand it over to the birthday girl

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Jopalis Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:20am
post #19 of 21

Yeah Molly! It's so cute. Will you do the pumpkin in fondant? Type a reply here so we know to look for the cake picture... So glad you liked it...

Molly2 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 10:54am
post #20 of 21

I plan to do the pumpkin in cake and cover it in fondant and I will reply here with a picture when its done Thank You again I just love this site it is so helpful

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Molly2 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 2:37pm
post #21 of 21

Thank You to everyone who gave me ideas for this cake it came out great the babies mother, aunt, and grandmother were very happy icon_smile.gif

Molly

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1274462.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1274477.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%