Help W/mmf Purty Please!!!

Decorating By vmw774180 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm by Shelly4481

vmw774180 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmw774180 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 4

I NEED THE RAIN TO STOP FIRST OF ALL LOL!! No really, I am making an MMF bow topper for a baby shower cake for Tomorrow afternoon. I know baby shower on a friday after noon, go figure, and for 140ppl nonetheless,

ANyway, I made my loops last night and they are hanging to dry, my concern is that they are going to dry in time for me to assemble them tomorrow (using candly melts for this). I am in SC and it is very humid (of course) and the current rainy weather is not helping. I have ready a few of the tips on the site about drying fondant (i.e. oven light left on over night, dehydrator (which I don't have)

Can anyone offer any additional tips to speed things up. I do have a convection oven, but I think it has a fan only setting. THe lowest temp I can set it on is 170 (which I thought about testing).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!

3 replies
darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 4

I cant really help you but I'll give you bump since you need some help today lol. Hopefully some knowledgable person will helpyou out Good luck with the bow.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

I don't usually use white choc in my recipe. But if you have a fan I would place it nearby blowing on it or under a ceiling fan on high. The goal is to dry it.

The recipe I use for MMF dries well in the oven overnight with the door open. The oven is off but the light dries it out.

Not sure if the heat from the light would work on a chocolate recipe, heat melts choc.

Good luck

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

Boy humidity is the pits for fondant. I did a cake a few weeks ago, dried ok then put it together. The next day when the party was it rained and rained. Turned very humid. By the time they came to pick up the cake the loops were drooping. Sorry can't help much, but I am afraid if you put chocolate in the fondant it wont dry hard. You could redo them with gumpaste/fondant or add some tyclose to the fondant. They might dry overnight. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%