Fbct Or Something Else....

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 5:40am by aztomcat

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:27am
post #1 of 4

So my cousin just messaged me on myspace saying that she wants a cake for her son's b-day in november...i have no problem doing it but she wants a Harley Davidson cake

So my question is, should i do the logo as a FBCT or some other way???

I've had trouble with FBCTs before and I'd rather do something else if possible...The icing kept sticking to the wax paper and it just didn't look nice(State Farm cake in my photos)

Any ideas???

3 replies
Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 4

I've also had trouble with those, lots of air bubbles etc. I like chocolate transfers or another thing I do for logos (keep in mind this is a massive PITA) I trace the image, then roll out fondant and pin prick the image on the fondant, then I can Trace the image with icing HTH

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:39am
post #3 of 4

At some cake stores they have a Harley logo that you can add to the top of the cake.

Here's a Harley grooms cake I made:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=859083

The Harley Logo is a fondant plaque cut to the shape of the logo and a friend who works at the Harley dealership in town gave me one of their plastic check-out bags, I used sugar water and attached the cut out logo to the fondant plaque - then to the top of the cake. Of course its the perfect image.

Dee in az

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:40am
post #4 of 4

I guess you could also do an edible image of the logo if a cake shop or grocery store bakery near you will do images you bring in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%