Purchased Another Lambeth Book At An Estate Sale

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 10:07pm by krystyne_wilson

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 3

In my previous post I had a lambeth book I sold to my neighbor that runs antique book store in NY.

Well, this weekend my husband and I attended an estate sale. It was near the end of the day. The sellers (grandson) was loading items in his SUV and taking the unsold items to a local thrift shop. I asked if they had any pug animals- my daughters collect pug beanie babies. They had 2 and he said his grandmother passed away and they have to unload these items. He said he will give us $20 for - everything- books, flowerpots, clothing, and christmans ornaments. Well, of course we said sure. We will take them. T

When my husband and I opened one of the bags there was a 1934 lambeth book in mint condition!!! and old Christmas Tree brooches and a vintage chanel suit. OMG I hit a bargain again.

I 'll probably sell the book, suit, and other items for my kids college fund. We will be moving to california in 1 week and do not want to carry more stuff.

It is worth shopping at an estate sale at the end of the day.

2 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:48am
post #2 of 3

Wow, that's great! Things like this don't happen very often and it's great that you'll put the funds to good use!

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 3

JEALOUS!!!! I would LOVE to be able to find a Lambeth book for such a deal (although I would keep mine...but since you already had one I understand). I'm glad that you are planning on using the funds for something so important as your children's education.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%