Chocolate Transfer Question!!!!

Decorating By DesignsByMandie Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 6:14pm by KHalstead

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 4

Can I use the same gel colors to color my chocolate that I use to color my icing?? TIA I'd really hate to go out and buy all new when I use them so rarely!!! Thanks Guys and Gals!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 4

if you use extremely TINY amounts you can...but you still run the risk of it seizing on you...if you're just putting a drop or two try adding a little bit of melted shortening in there with the color, otherwise you'll need to get the stuff made by americolor that you mix in with the gel colors it's called Candy Flo Coat and you use equal parts of it to your icing color and it can be used in chocolates

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much KHalstead!!! So I can add the melted shortening to the colors that are old?? TIA again!!! I do appreciate everyones help!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 4

I don't know if it'll work in old colors....you might want the flo coat for that.....the reason why it works well in the chocolate is because it doesn't water down the chocolate......it helps to losen it for covering stuff in chocolate and that...but it still hardens back up again once cool which is why it's so great when you're making stuff out of chocolate because you WANT it to harden back up......if you put it in your colors it would stiffen back up again once cooled...probably not a good thing for your colors ; )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%