Would You Share Your Numbers?

Business By jjandhope Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 5:37am by jjandhope

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:44pm
post #31 of 32

Well, one good thing about my shop is that there is noting like it in town. There are 2 other bakeries and one is a Mexican bakery specializing in Mexican sweet breads and things like that, although they do have wedding cakes. The other is a small bakery having mostly cakes and no specialty items. Neither one does catering to my knoweldge. In addition, there are no dessert caterers that I can think of around. WalMart is about 5 miles away both directions (we have 2 of them). Hmmm....I think I will look on some of the threads about pricing and see what I can find. Thanks for your help.

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:37am
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjandhope

I thought it might be great for me and others who are starting up bakeries, if we had some idea what other people are working with as far as cash flow. For instance, I have read here on CC that many people say all the money goes back into the bakery for a while. I have noticed that some people have been willing to share their pricing strategies on other threads, so I thought there might be some willing to share their monthly expenses here as well, in the name of helping out some newbies. If you don't care to respond, that's ok...

Here are some things I would like to know:

What is your rent payment and size of location?
What are you utility bills?
How much goes out for help? (how many staff, how many hours they work)
How much gross revenue you are able to bring in.
This one may be hard to estimate since everybody makes different things, (cookies, cake, etc) but how much product do you make? (just estimate the best you can)

While these questions may be too probing for some, I feel confident that there are some out there who are willing to share. Thanks so much either way. I'm sure this will be a lot of help to a lot of people. feel free to add any other information you like.

So many people have commented on how helpful this thread has been...I'd like to keep it going. Would anyone else be willing to share their numbers?

Thanks so much to those of you who have done so already. You have been a big deal to us "start-up wannabees".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%