Chocolate As Fondant-Like Covering?

Decorating By CherylJ Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm by doitallmom

CherylJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylJ Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 4

I was looking through the elegant cheese cakes website:

http://www.elegantcheesecakes.com/ECC_Homepage.asp

and the wensite says that all of the cakes are enveloped entirely in imported Belgian chocolate.

How are the cakes covered in chocolate that look like fondant? Is it fondant made with chocolate?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 4

Its modeling chocolate they use. It can be rolled out like fondant. Basically its chocolate and corn syrup. I believe there is a recipe on here for it.
But I saw them on Sugar Rush and they said they didnt like the taste of fondant and that is why they use modeling chocolate.

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 4

There is chocolate fondant. Choco-pan is a wonderful brand. You can make your own chocolate fondant as well.

It probably is modeling chocolate they are using. It is stiffer than fondant but cannot be worked for too long or will begin to soften too much.

You can also add modeling chocolate to fondant to get a great taste with the consistency of fondant.

Jessica icon_smile.gif

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 4

If you're looking for the recipe for the modeling chocolate, search for "candy clay" and that should bring up the recipe. It's actually really simple and easy to use so long as it's not overworked (as jessfmaldonado mentioned). The heat from your hands will start to make it too soft to hold it's shape. It tatstes yummy,too!!!!!1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%