Fun, Bright, Colorful, Non-Gender?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 2:24am by Teena_Marie

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 6

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for 3 different sheet cakes. The reason I want 3 different designs is to keep the flavors separated easily. Donating for a party at church for kids to ride the bus every week.

Just want something fun, bright, colorful, non-gender, maybe end of summer theme, etc. Pics would be great if you know of any. Open to all ideas.

5 replies
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 6

how about taking the sheet cake, cutting it in three even pieces, stack one on top of the other (icing in between of course), then cut one side to look like a bus, decorate accordingly?

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 6

Why not go with something that has bright and primary colors? For gender nutural (sp?) cakes, I like to do confetti and ballons.
LL

Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 6

oh also you could use chocolate donuts for the wheels of the bus and make little faces of boys and girls in the 'window' of the bus.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

Thanks. I love the idea of making a bus, but I'm going to be limited on time. Having 2 kids, family coming in for a couple of days & other things going on & having 3 cakes to decorate I'll just be doing something simple this time around

Teena_Marie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:24am
post #6 of 6

if you want to go with simple, place the sheet cakes end to end (short sides touching), cut a square out of top side of one of the end cakes, ice it all school bus yellow, cut some fondant into blue squares for windows and place those where they would go, cut a stop sign out of red fondant and put it where it goes, put a couple chocolate donuts on for wheels, some quick black piping for detail and done! one big school bus and three seperated different flavors. could even add some little fondant faces in the window if you have time, if not, it will still be cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%