How A Doll Cake Led To 'the Talk'

Decorating By SweetOccasionCakes Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 1:19pm by levinea

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

Well, not necessarily the talk, but it led to my four year old son asking questions about the female anatomy! I had made three doll cakes this weekend and had a few extra of the mini doll picks that I didn't use sitting out. He picked them up and pointed to their chest and asked what that was! Needless to say he had a few more questions for me, but I never thought my cake decorating would lead to those types of questions! I guess I'll be more careful next time!

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 4

Ah-hah, it's your turn!

Oh, how comforting to know that it's someone else's turn to explain things to their youngster. I went through it when my son was 6.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 4

Ahhh, I can still remember my dad taking all of us 7 kids, putting us in a circle and explaining the facts of life. We are a blended family and 5 of us hit puberty at the same time. It was an interesting childhood!

My son showed me the "marbles" he had. ROFL

Just be glad the picks don't have bottoms. icon_surprised.gif

levinea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
levinea Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:19pm
post #4 of 4

That reminds me of being at a friend's daughter's birthday party a few years ago...she was turning 5 and had a Barbie cake with the cake skirt covered in fondant. These two little boys kept trying to lift up the fondant to see what was under there. I heard them whining to the birthday girl's mom that they were not trying to sneak cake, they just wanted to know what "parts" ladies had under their dresses. I have never been able to look at a doll cake the same way again. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%