Flower Making Book Or Dvd

Decorating By koralkat Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm by koralkat

koralkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koralkat Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 6

I am sorry if this is a repeat topic but I looked and didnt find anything on it. I am looking for a really good book and or DVD on making flowers (buttercream and or gum paste or fondant) can anyone help me with this? I see all these beautiful flowers on here and I want to be able to make them also.
Thanks in advance!

5 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 6

Michele Foster (Sugarflowers is her CC name) has a DVD out on how she made her heart-shaped gumpaste flower arrangement. Do a member search, search for Sugarflowers, and then look at her photos to see a pic of the flower arrangement. You can get her DVD at www.lickthespoonproductions.com It shows roses, baby's breath, striped ribbons, bows, leaves, etc...

HTH,
Deanna

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 6

To give a little more information, the DVD shows how to make roses, carnations, blossoms, quick leaves, baby's breath, a ruffle, and a striped bow.

Included with the DVD is a CD that has the complete written instructions. The DVD is also in "chapters" so that you can skip to an area you want to see.

HTH

Michele

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 6

Hi,

I just bought this DVD http://www.classeswithlindareese.com/pages/CD.html from Linda Reese. It has all kinds of buttercream flowers (it is called "From the Garden"). It is awesome...it has both written descriptions AND videos of all the flowers. I haven't made any yet, but I'm super excited to. You can order the DVD thru her directly (see the website). Hope that helps!

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:11am
post #5 of 6

I have some videos on youtube showing how to make some buttercream flowers:
Roses:

koralkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koralkat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all very much for your help. These are all awesome and I will be checking them all out.
Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%