Ground Breaking Ceremony

Decorating By chas21 Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm by melvin01

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 5

icon_surprised.gif I need a lot of help. I just got a big order for a ground breaking ceremony cake. They want 6 full sheets put together. So that means that i will have to cut the cake board so that they will fit snug together. Then they want the new logo in the middle of the cakes. So it's going to have to be a good size. I'm not sure if the grocery stores can do a bigger picture. It's either that or i can do fbct but they want it on a different board so they can take it off of the cake. Then they want tonka trucks around it with maybe a road or something. HELP!!! icon_cry.gif It has to be really good and leave a huge impression on our school district.

4 replies
lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 5

What is the theme for the cakes decor? The tonka trucks around the outside was all I got from your decription. The dirt "road" could be a multitude of things:crumbled oreos, crumbled graham crackers, dark brown sugar... What does the logo consist of?

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 5

They are getting ready to build a new high school. So they want the new mascot in the middle plus i guess stuff that resembles contruction.

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

Oh how fun -and omg how big icon_surprised.gif With regard to the logo and taking it off, why not have it printed on a large sheet of paper - colored if there is some and just have it laminated and placed on top of the cake so it can be removed? Or even have it done as a "frameless" picture - we have a shop that does that here and they could use it in their office afterwards (might be too expensive?) The ground breaking dirt and the roads and tonka trucks sounds so cute. Do post pictures when it is done.
Good luck

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 5

If you do an edible image for the logo, I would go with a fondant/gumpaste slab on the back so you can get it done ahead of time and it will hold up better when placed on the cake. You may also think about using a popsicle stick to stick it upright to add dimension.

6 full sheet cakes! WOW! Sounds like you're going to have a lot of baking coming up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%