Please Help!! I Want To Make An Elephant Cc

Baking By JessDesserts Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 1:41am by JessDesserts

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:11am
post #1 of 16

Thanks for getting this far and looking!

Does anyone have any ideas/tips/advice how to make an elephant cc? Preferably out of BC? I would like to pipe it on and also just the elephants face is what I want.

The trunk is holding up my "production" I dont know how to put it on such a small space, to which way to turn it, etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

TYVM!!

Jess icon_smile.gif

15 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 16

What if you just use pretty stiff bc and pipe it coming straight up off of the cuppie and then kind of loop it back down toward the cupcake and then bring the trunk tip back up off of the end just a little bit. I think if your bc was stiff enough it would hold up. icon_confused.gif

JessDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:15am
post #3 of 16

Hi Michelle,

Thats a gr8 idea, im just worried about it being stable. What if I caved on MUST BE BC and was open to other suggestions?

I have something spectacular in mind, I cant wait to get it on an actual cc!!!

I actually made the Kitkat cake, its in my photos.

( how on earth I ever posted that pic of my rainbow cc's will remain a mystery!) No matter what I do, I cannot post another pic on here. It repeatedly says it cant be this file or that file. pppfffttttt fine! no more pics on here! icon_redface.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 16

Jess,

I love the kitkat cake. I think for the elephant head can't you make it like the one in your photos but leave the body off. I love the pink elephant in your photo's. icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 16

meemaw! I was just going to say the same thing!! LOL!! That pink elephant is adorable! thumbs_up.gif

Why have I not paid attention to the kitkat cake before? That looks so yummy! I saw some peanut butter whoppers at wallie world yesterday that would make a yummy twist on this cake as well.....I'll have to see if I can store that in the noggin for future reference! icon_lol.gif

JessDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 16

Thanks Meemaw and Michelle, I actually thought about using my little pinky girl but the elephant I have in mind needs FUR ( thats the only hint you're getting) so I didnt think fondant would be appropriate.

I think I'm going to try very stiff BC and pipe the trunk on, pull up and then curve a bit. Whats the worst that could happen? I, or someone else, will eat it?!?!? LOL

Thats the great thing about decorating......its so much fun to make a mistake. icon_razz.gif

Michelle104 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 16

I have an elmo on a little 6" round in my pics. I molded him with fondant and then used my grass tip to pipe fur on in bc. Maybe you could do something like that?? icon_wink.gif

JessDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 16

First, before I forget again, that bunny butt cake is my favorite! ! ! I adore that little butt in the air searching for carrots. Oh I cant take the cuteness!

Its hard to see in the pics b/c there seems to be a glare, but, I will try both. I have 6 cc's in the fridge right now just waiting to be practiced on. Guess what? tonights the night.

Of course, Ill let you see the practice version, but this is a matter of national security......so mums the word!

Thanks for all your help. you're my CC hero!!

Jess icon_razz.gif

Michelle104 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:59pm
post #9 of 16

Hey! Maybe you could enter these in the woman's day cutest cuppie contest!!!! That would be so cool if I knew the winner!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Oh Yeah!! What was the word again?? icon_confused.gif It's so secret that I already forgot it!!! icon_lol.gif

couturecupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
couturecupcakery Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:02pm
post #10 of 16

I made an elephant faced cupcake for my son's 4th bday last month. It was out of buttercream. Check out my elephant on Flickr as I could not attach picture for some reason.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/couturecupcakerymm/2797054403/in/set-72157605516847053/

JessDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 11:56pm
post #11 of 16

ty Couture, its adorable and the pic definitely helped!

Michelle- what contest? I never entered a contest before. Maybe I can put my lil pink elephant on a cupcake and submit her. How/ where do I get the details?

Wow, you really are my CC hero! icon_razz.gif

Michelle104 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:06am
post #12 of 16

Jess~ go to womansday.com and look for the contests. It's the cutest cupcake contest and you can enter pics from sept 2 - sept 30 I think. I'm trying to think of something that I could enter. I think you can enter more than one time. You should enter your rainbow cuppie pics!! Those are awesome!!! thumbs_up.gif Go check it out!! icon_lol.gif (jumpin up and down shouting a cheer for you!!! )

Meemawfish Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:32am
post #13 of 16

Yeah Michelle maybe they will let us vote and then Jess would be a shoe in but I'm pretty sure she would have a great chance at winning anyway. I say go for it Jess. icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:57am
post #14 of 16

You're definitely right meemaw!! Do we get to vote on the entries?? I don't even think I paid attention to that part... icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Meemawfish Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:16pm
post #15 of 16

Michelle,

I don't think we can vote but I would definately vote for Jess's cute pink elephant. icon_lol.gif

JessDesserts Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:41am
post #16 of 16

awwww schucks guys..... you're making my blush!!!!

and thank you for the votes of confidence!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%