How Does Pink Cake Box Make Pregnant Mommy?

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 10:52pm by josefina20

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 3

I can't post the photo to this site but if you go to pinkcakebox.com, she's got a lot of cute cakes with pregnant mommy's sitting on a 6" cake then has cupcakes underneath. Any tips on how to make these mommas? Do I make it out of gumpaste or fondant? Do I make the body first, put toothpicks in and stick on arms, legs and head? When do you make the clothes? I'm soooo confused. Can anybody help?

2 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 3

I was an intern at PCB, so I saw quite a few of these made. It's made of all fondant (satin ice). The torso is made first, then arms, legs, head. How you dress it would depend on the clothing. For a dress or skirt and top, you would attach and legs first then dress it, but for pants, capris, shorts, you can dress each leg, then attach it, THEN dress the torso. The arms can be attached before or after dressing the torso depending on the "clothing" style.

I will tell you that Cathy, the designer who makes most of the pregnant ladies is RIDICULOUSLY talented, and just looks at the pic on an invitation and can match the colors without a problem, and also create clothing for these figures without a hitch (no patterns, etc.). She's amazing!

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 3

thanks, this information will help me with a cake i have to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%