Amazing Wedding Cakes Tv Show

Decorating By laynie72 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm by Susie53

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:50pm
post #61 of 236

I watch the show religiously. I am not crazy about the Cake Divas, their work is just messy to me, not clean. The ideas are cool, just not executed very well I dont think. Plus that ball bustin one that runs the front would have to go, anyone who doesnt have anything to do with cake and just takes the orders would NOT be telling me how to mold figures, or be manhandling my cakes, period.

I am not a fan of The Cake Atelier girls either. I take that back I like the funky one, but Ruth would get b*tch slapped by me. She is such a snotty perfectionist, she thinks cakes should be done her way, simple and elegant, and that is the only way. I think she steers her clients in that direction, so she gets to make the cake that SHE wants to. She does make pretty flowers, but the first time she rolled her eyes at me, I swear I would hit her so hard that they would get stuck up there.

I will never forget that first episode that she made the comment that since the two of them went to culinary school, unlike so many other people who happen to work in cake shops, that makes them better and gives them an edge over everyone else. I wanted to hit her then, and the feeling hasnt really subsided.

To end on a happier note, I love the CakeGirls. They are funny, and funky, and their styles compliment each other well. I think her prices are a little on the high side ($600 for that piddly amount of butterflies??) especially since there was nothing to them. You roll out fondant, cut it with a cookie cutter, and lay them out to dry on an angle. They did no painting or anything on them. Other than that I really did like them alot, but I have been a fan of Mary's since she started doing the challenges. She has won every challenge she has been in, shes an inspiration to me.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:54pm
post #62 of 236

I liked the understated elegance of the butterfly cake but I also was a bit shocked the the butterflies were, first of all, cut out of such thick paste. They were not delicate or anything. Secondly, I thought they would brush them with lustre or something since they weren't even colored.

I did think they offered alot more then what the blonde sister had anticipated. I'm sure most of us here would have done more or charged less but I think once you start going on the Food Network in challenges and such, you get to be quite a bit more pricey and picky about clients and what you can do.

Also, it seems like since they have a shop, there were other cakes due. I am still new to this and have only had one time when I had two cakes due at once, and they were literally identical cakes with different colors so they were easy. I can't begin to fathom how you can have 7 wedding cakes due on the same Saturday! Of course, I don't have assistants (darnnit!!!!) and I really want some. icon_smile.gif

Cherie206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cherie206 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:05pm
post #63 of 236

I really enjoy that show. I will also admit that the Cake Girls are my favorites. I don't see how those two in NYC can work together. They seem so different in their styles. Also, the Cake Divas, are just that.....some of their employees are way too emotional for me. Their work doesn't seem as neat as the others, but since it is CA, maybe it's just that way it is out there !! icon_smile.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:10pm
post #64 of 236

Oh, man! I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks that Ruth is such a witch!!! I mean that cake was so awesome, but I think the other chick is the one who made it work. I think that maybe shwe should have her own frigging shop and leave Ruth and her eye rolling out of it!

I totally love the CakeGirls. But I was super surprised about the price of that butterfly cake-$$600!!!! I almost fell on my face. My husband was like "that b**ch must be crazy!Are they making it of gold?" I had to laugh at him when he saw the butterflies being cut out of fondant/gumpaste. It was hilarious! He came out to my cake cutters and pulled out all of my Butterfly cutters and asked which of these could cut out $600 butterflies for a cake>I was rolling on the floor laughing at him. I do think that the lady who made it did a great job for the first time on here own. I liked the modern pattern she did with the past.

I have to say, too, that the front end lady of CakeDivas really drives me insane. I would have ripped off her head for the way she grabbed the windmill and tore it up! Then it was like "oops, I am going up front." Was she serious??? I would hav been screaming and cursing still!!! Times like that make me glad that I only have myself to work with!

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #65 of 236

I just finished watching 2 episodes while I had my morning coffee. Gotta love the DVR...
Is it just me or are there WAY nicer cakes to be found on this website? The green cake was not clean looking at all. The wind turbines were cute but should have been smoother. The sandcastle cake seemed a little messy. The guy talked about using a sugar combo to recreate sand like it was a revolutionary procedure.
The Cake Atelier is no more. Big surprise! But those really are nice flowers. Far beyond my patience threshold.
The Cake Girls are by far the best. But like everyone has been saying, too much drama! Duff's crew are more pleasant to watch...

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #66 of 236

I love this show... even though they do not go into great detail on how to do details on a cake, etc. I think Cake Atelie' needs to loosen up a bit. I have never seen someone so so picky about how to make sweet peas or just any flowers, and then to not really trust your helpers in making flowers? Come on.! I had to laugh when although, she did not make enough of the red roses for the skull cake. "she ran out of gumpaste" WHAT? someone who bragged about having all the cake needs for the cake clients? Out of the 30 roses she and her "manager" made, by staying up late in the hours only ended up putting on looked like to me about 10 roses. I too, did not like how she rolls her eyes when a client wants to go out of the box in a cake design. It's obvious she only wants to stick to what she wants and the client doesn't really matter.
And the topper for me on this show was how she was speaking about "if you can do cakes here in New York, (something like that), then you can do cakes anywhere".. Oh I see, we all have to go to New York to do cakes since were not good enough where we live to do cakes....."Are you kidding me?!!" icon_eek.gif
The Cake Divas, they really crack me up...The lady up front who just takes cake orders should not have any say in cake design yet alone going and touching the cakes before they go out. What she is doing is having no faith in her partner, the lady with the long red hair..
Sure, her work could possibly be more clean, but as they tell us, "they are artists, and are in the moment of vision"........I agree also, their cakes looked "rushed", "sloppy", "tons and tons of buttercream icing"..
And the dude that cried because he had to do a rush cake, "the sandcastle cake"...He is just toooo funny!!
Now, The Cake Girls,, I really really like their work. Yes, I agree on the butterfly cake...$600.00 for those dinky butterflies?, if I were paying that price, I would WANT more butterflies with just a little color to them. And maybe just a few crystal's hanging.
And that knucklehead groom who came in without the bride to be and ordered the cake. I dropped my soda when I was watching that part. If that were me, I would have given him a pic, or sent a fax to the bride to be BEFORE I even started to get everything ready or made, and would have told him, "check with your wife to be on approval". For a minute there I thought I was watching Groomzilla.
At least this show is more lively, seems to me, than the one other show of whom "that" person makes half the cake from foam or they taste like cardboard and that person I have yet to really see complete a cake from baking to decorating all by themselves! And charges up to $1,000.00 for a small cake.
I also crack up when these shows, the bakers, or cake decorators get all mad and want to throw something when there is a very last minute order or change in the cake designs or the Cake Girls Dishwasher/delivery dude who said it was A**%%#nine to "crumb coat a cake"..but he still crumb coated......I just or wish they would come down to earth just a bit, and remember, the client comes first, it's what the client wants in a cake and appreciate us "under appreciated cake decorators" out there a bit more. If they feel it is beneath them to do a cake, then get out of the business..
sorry, I guess I got long winded........
But I'm going to keep watching..that is why I love my tivo, I can fast forward thru the commercials..

mndy204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mndy204 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #67 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Is it just me... I really didn't like the red headed chick! (the one who made the ppl for the Cadillac). Loved the show all in all tho icon_smile.gif

I don't like her either!!! I was beginning to think I was weird. icon_smile.gif I was hoping she'd grow on me, but I don't think she will. I do love the show though!! thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:06pm
post #68 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirt

I just finished watching 2 episodes while I had my morning coffee. Gotta love the DVR...
Is it just me or are there WAY nicer cakes to be found on this website? The green cake was not clean looking at all. The wind turbines were cute but should have been smoother. The sandcastle cake seemed a little messy. The guy talked about using a sugar combo to recreate sand like it was a revolutionary procedure.
The Cake Atelier is no more. Big surprise! But those really are nice flowers. Far beyond my patience threshold.
The Cake Girls are by far the best. But like everyone has been saying, too much drama! Duff's crew are more pleasant to watch...

Absolutely agree, I've seen way better cakes here in the galleries.

The sand castle cake was LOADED with BC, I mean he was just throwing it on there and plopping the cut pieces on the sides with tons of BC. They care more about the design than what it would be like to eat that pile of sugar. I know sandcastles are "not perfect", but that cake was a little too messy to be held in such high regard on that show. That guy is a huge drama "queen", my husband saw him crying and he was like "wow, I thought you got upset at your cakes, your calm compared to this guy" icon_smile.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #69 of 236

In our opinions high or not on the prices of these cakes... AT LEAST they're TALKING about prices!!!

$600 for that 3-tier might seem high to some, OTOH, we don't know what was used in making it (AUI Fondant? SMBC? Guitard Chocolate? Premium ingredients? etc???), we don't know if the stand was purchased with the cake (There's $100 easily right there), could have been a stress-free support system they had to purchase with the cake, and we don't know the specific proportions of that cake. $600 might be an absolute steel of a price for it. The other thing, to accomplish more butterflies the gumpaste cutouts could have been the deciding factor in the lots of butterflies or only a few detailed ones (wasn't she the gal on a FN challenge once that did all of her butterflies upside down???)... The other thing is what the market is in the Chicago area. It's a higher rent area than say Podunk, Iowa and bills have gotta be paid. What if that $600 cake was a freebie as a "you let us film you and your cake is free"??? Of course the valued at price jumps icon_biggrin.gif but the bakers walk away with a loss...

Yea, the New York couple... Man, night and day... I think the Goth chick could have had SO much fun with the Skull cake taking it all the way like the client wanted but the other gal held her back to the point that she had more over the shoulder time than working on cake time. But, we don't know the dynamics behind the scenes, it could have been a low budget cake for them so she was trying to hold her back because they otherwise wouldn't make money on it. Who knows...

Just remember... When posting about TV shows, people from those shows come here to read the reviews as do their producers... What you see on TV isn't always what it is in the real world... There are 3 weeks worth of filming for each show (a week at each location) that are condensed down to 13 minute segments each. That doesn't leave a lot of time to show everything behind the scenes that happened. It's like Kerry Vincent... If you meet her in person she's a very personable helpful sweetheart wanting to help lift decorators up and elevate the industry in a very helpful way (OSSAS would not exist without her)... If you base your opinion of her from the FN Challenges she's a ... well, not kind words to say the least... TV can make you look great and TV can make you look like the world's biggest you-know-what... Just remember when making comments as if they're in the living room with you...

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:59pm
post #70 of 236

OK don't flame me guys... but for REALS... I'm thinking lots on here are just jealous of the prices. You may be in a "small town" or not have the skills (or just think you don't) or the balls to charge the same prices as these people - but I'm sure you would if you could and THEY CAN. If you won a couple of FN challenges and got a TV show you'd charge to the moon just like Duff. And people would pay it. And you would deserve it. The end. icon_smile.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:46pm
post #71 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

I agree, it was probably SugarVeil:
http://www.sugarveil.com/

Did anyone else notice that the redhead at Cake Divas did not remove the dome from her cake and she had like an inch of filling between the layers of the Windmills cake for Ed Begley?

OMG I noticed that too! There was more like 3 inches of BC in the middle of that green cake!!!

I don't see why it would have been closer to $800 for the butterfly cake if it had more butterflies on it! I mean how much more time would it take to cut out 20-30 extra plain white butterflies??? I did like the cake though, prob my fave of the last show...

Etta1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etta1025 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm
post #72 of 236

"Just remember... When posting about TV shows, people from those shows come here to read the reviews as do their producers... "

So?? I'm not trying to sound harsh, really. But just about everyone on here realizes this is an open forum that anyone can read. It sounds as if you're trying to say people should edit their comments or be careful about criticism. If the people from these shows and their producers are looking at the reivews, that's good. It's a smart thing to do. It let's them know whether or not people are watching, what they like, what they don't like, etc. By agreeing to be on these shows, the decorators have opened themselves up to two things:

1. TONS of exposure, most likely leading to great business success

2. HARSH critisim and comments they may not like

They should be prepared for both. I don't plan on censoring my opinions about the shows or the personalities of the decorators, and I don't think anyone else should either.

Flame away. icon_smile.gif

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm
post #73 of 236

just for the record, that was not mary from "cake girls" that did the butterflies upside down on the fn challenge...that designer's first name is michelle something or other, and is quite famous in her own right. dark hair, soft voice, did a throwdown with bobby flay,...darn that last name just won't come to me!

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:15pm
post #74 of 236

It is not possible to see the show online somewhere ? Wish I lived in america sometimes sigh...

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:35pm
post #75 of 236

I just looked at the Cake Divas' website (because I haven't seen the show) and their cakes are not that great. I was expecting really nice, professionally done cakes (especially if they were chosen for a TV show) and instead, I saw cakes my kids could probably duplicate with better results. OY!

It makes me wonder how they choose these people... and how do I throw my name in the pool? Perhaps I need to lower my standards and get a dysfunctional business partner?

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:47pm
post #76 of 236

Does anyone know when the reruns are on? I looked on the website and it was saying 2 am and other really late times. There is no rerun day like on Ace of cakes?
I always forget to watch it on Sundays! icon_cry.gif
Jen...

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:17pm
post #77 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

just for the record, that was not mary from "cake girls" that did the butterflies upside down on the fn challenge...that designer's first name is michelle something or other, and is quite famous in her own right. dark hair, soft voice, did a throwdown with bobby flay,...darn that last name just won't come to me!

Her name is Michelle Doll.

Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:06pm
post #78 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etta1025

"Just remember... When posting about TV shows, people from those shows come here to read the reviews as do their producers... "

So?? I'm not trying to sound harsh, really. But just about everyone on here realizes this is an open forum that anyone can read. It sounds as if you're trying to say people should edit their comments or be careful about criticism. If the people from these shows and their producers are looking at the reivews, that's good. It's a smart thing to do. It let's them know whether or not people are watching, what they like, what they don't like, etc. By agreeing to be on these shows, the decorators have opened themselves up to two things:

1. TONS of exposure, most likely leading to great business success

2. HARSH critisim and comments they may not like

They should be prepared for both. I don't plan on censoring my opinions about the shows or the personalities of the decorators, and I don't think anyone else should either
Flame away. icon_smile.gif

Etta1025...
I agree with you 100%........Are we supposed to not offer our honest opinions because they MAY log on to CC? These people on this show have such huge ego's...do you seriously think they CARE what people on a cake site say in the OPEN forums?

So to couturecake...............Oh pleeeeease, I hope you aren't serious. I'm sure these T.V. Diva's and decorators wipe their you no whats the same way we all do!

Etta1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etta1025 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:14pm
post #79 of 236

Heck no -- I wish I was!! And if I was, I'd let all the not-so-nice comments roll right off my shoulders. Why? Because everyone's a critic and because I'd be the one laughing all the way to the bank!!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #80 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

Michelle Bommarito (I think thats how she spells it), hmmm maybe I am not thinking of the right person. Shes short has long dark hair, soft spoken. Just a guess I guess.

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #81 of 236

I just went on The Cake Atelier' website and they have decided to go their seprate ways! I guess opposites don't attract!! LOL

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:14pm
post #82 of 236

Just for the record, I Emailed Laurie (ex Atelier) & asked her what she used to make the web, it is Sugar Veil. She replied so promptly. she sounds like a lot of fun.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:21pm
post #83 of 236

Feel free to not edit what you think, that's fine, your loss...

Just think would you say this to their face before typing. Yes, they still wipe and put their socks on the same as the rest of the world, but they also have feelings too. As much of an ego as you may perceive that others have you'd probably find that it's not as big as you think in person talking with them but then again, you have to spend some time with people in the spotlight to really clue-in on that stuff and what the reality is when the camera lights are turned off.

As for the NY bakers splitting ways, I think that one was only a matter of time!!! Stylistically the two were on completely different levels that at some point witholding creativity that needs expression eventually explodes. Hopefully each will have great success where they end up next because it was a trainwreck together waiting to happen.

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #84 of 236

Not to be or sound harsh at all...but all I have to add in addition is people who make it to TV or win challenges, sometimes, "sometimes" do forget the little people and they do sometimes, "sometimes" talk down to outside cake decorators and sometimes, "sometimes" do forget what the client wants.

"Don't Flame me"........someone just said here.........but in watching Duff and his crew, they have pitched a fit about decorating cakes! because that "artist" gal (the one who did the scrabble board cake) threw a fit on the airplane cake with the little fondant figure that was to go on top of the wing, she had "Mary" call the client and to tell the client "she didn't like it going there", and threw a hissy fit. And when she threw her fit to Duff, he stood his ground and reminded her, "it's what the client wants". The clients pay for us to do their cakes as they best describe they want it, if a change has to be made on the design, for what ever the reason, then that is why you have a client, to let them know if it's going to work or not. Not have someone call the client up and verbally throw a hissy fit to them..
I think it's good that the producers look at, read on cc here. And it's good that those who are on the shows, also read on too, I'm sure it helps them to "hone" in their peoples skills..
I read someone said, Cake Atelie' is no more......what happened... did they cancel out of the show, or close up shop? Anyone know.......
I'm sure "we all want to be on TV or be in a cake challenge" someday, but this is the real world where there is "no editing tape" and here in the real world, there are clients who really, really appreciate us decorators and vise a versa...
"It's ok to be humble, not be a snob, just because "you made it to the big league".........

Sorry, not trying to start anything,,,,but I get emotional when there is an attempt to slam us or flame us..that's why this is a forum...........

Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:23pm
post #85 of 236

[quote="CoutureCake"]Feel free to not edit what you think, that's fine, your loss...

Just think would you say this to their face before typing. Yes, they still wipe and put their socks on the same as the rest of the world, but they also have feelings too. As much of an ego as you may perceive that others have you'd probably find that it's not as big as you think in person talking with them but then again, you have to spend some time with people in the spotlight to really clue-in on that stuff and what the reality is when the camera lights are turned off. /quote]

Sorry, I don't see what any of "us non-editors", "loss" is icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not the type of person who gets "starstruck". I don't measure a person by their net worth or fame, or whether or not their on some T.V. show decorating cakes.

The people that I hold in the highest regard are the men and woman that are serving our great country overseas right now. They are my heroes, they are the ones that risk their lives everyday so that people like us can enjoy all of our freedoms. They are the people that I do get "starstruck" about.

If your point about people in the spotlight is as you claim....why do they act differently "when the camera lights are turned off"? Not exactly people I care to be around.....

edit to add----------Didn't mean to hi-jack this thread......so back to the topic of Amazing Cakes. Calling all honest posters icon_lol.gif

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:56pm
post #86 of 236

Ok, I started reading page 1 and was reading thru all the comments, and thought to myself, "I want to hurry up and post my opinion before some killjoy comes on here preaching that we shouldn't." Too late, I guess! thumbsdown.gif

I am on virtual bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy (6 wks) so I am reading up on business matters. I just read something that I found very interesting. Your worst critics and "bad customers" are actually your best customers. They are doing you a favor by telling you another point of view that you may not be used to hearing. Any of us out there (including me by a very rude customer recently) has a lot to gain from listening to the the comments that may be difficult to hear. Okay, off my soapbox and onto my opinions!! haha

1. I don't care for the Cake Divas. First off, there has been a "Cake Diva" around for a long time, and they kinda stole her name. Secondly, the sand castle cake, while not too bad in the end was just very unappetizing during construction with the slapping of the butter cream! UGH

2. They need to get better hair and makeup people for the show. The only ones who look decent are the Cake Girls.

That's about all I have to say! Oh - except I thoroughly have enjoyed reading ALL of your comments!

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:04am
post #87 of 236

I love the cake girls--they are so talented. BUT I wish that show would take the cake divas off and the cake atilier girls off and replace them with those cute guys from NY--remember them from the FN challenges? I can't think of their names--one is Jason I think. Remember they were the ones who, after they finished their cake for a challenge, went over to a competing kitchen and helped them finish their cake because one of their bakers had a medical emergency...class guys and VERY talented. Wish I could remember their names!

Deb_ Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #88 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaredUp

Ok, I started reading page 1 and was reading thru all the comments, and thought to myself, "I want to hurry up and post my opinion before some killjoy comes on here preaching that we shouldn't." Too late, I guess! thumbsdown.gif

I am on virtual bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy (6 wks) so I am reading up on business matters. I just read something that I found very interesting. Your worst critics and "bad customers" are actually your best customers. They are doing you a favor by telling you another point of view that you may not be used to hearing. Any of us out there (including me by a very rude customer recently) has a lot to gain from listening to the the comments that may be difficult to hear. Okay, off my soapbox and onto my opinions!! haha

1. I don't care for the Cake Divas. First off, there has been a "Cake Diva" around for a long time, and they kinda stole her name. Secondly, the sand castle cake, while not too bad in the end was just very unappetizing during construction with the slapping of the butter cream! UGH

2. They need to get better hair and makeup people for the show. The only ones who look decent are the Cake Girls.

That's about all I have to say! Oh - except I thoroughly have enjoyed reading ALL of your comments!

sugaredUp, you made me laugh! Sorry to hear about your bedrest.....I hope your o.k. and that it goes by quickly for you.

I'm a hairstylist in my "real" job, I'd volunteer for the job on this show, but, I don't think I want to be around some of those people. Plus, I'd probably "offend" someone with my "honesty" LOL

Take care of yourself and feel better!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:16am
post #89 of 236

Got curious about the whole name thing since I am familiar with CakeDiva (Charmaine Jones) and wondered myself...... her website says from 1999-2008 and when I did some research on the LA Cakedivas, it made a reference to them starting their cake journey in October 1998.

Now I am think one of them must have trademarked or registered, etc. their name first. And they are verryyyyy similar. I do not know which site to search for such random trivia (but I do love random trivia!!!). I would assume it's entirely possible for them to have been in business under a different name before they decided on the 'diva's' names, etc.

But I think they may have started around the same time but maybe the NY diva became famous first???? Not sure but it's a thought.

Oh, by the way, I am not going to sit here and play nicey-nice and feel like I have to walk on eggshells when talking about people on a tv program. Forgive me but they are for the most part, fair game. I'm not saying tear them a new one but give me a break!

We are all super careful not to insult other decorators here on CC and that is fine but what the heck is this board for if we can't talk cake honestly? Especially about a hot topic show?

Did I hear anyone complain that Duff might get his feelings hurt when some people said they were grossed out about them touching their face or hair or whatever??? Or is it the pressence of peen that causes us to assume he can handle it but the ladies can't - Lord I hope not! icon_lol.gif

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:17am
post #90 of 236

Cake Diane, I know who you are talking about. They really would be more entertaining to watch, I agree.

Also, I agree with some of the previous posters who said they were surprised the Cake Girls were slamming the client on national tv. Not cool at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%