Amazing Wedding Cakes Tv Show

Decorating By laynie72 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm by Susie53

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:05am
post #211 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

I dont understand why she used the lacquer spray on them in the first place. The sugar is already shiny and the spray tends to leave things with a bit of a yellow tint to it.

They have to be sprayed to keep them from getting sticky and "deflating".

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:55am
post #212 of 236

icon_lol.gifOMG!! I can't stop laughing!! The stuff we talk about!!.. Even my DH is laughing at these posts on this show, etc...

DH just reminded me of Ace of Cakes when on the 170 little cakes and that big yellow cake with the electric picture in it, how they were speaking of the word "Fondant". They were making those funny faces when they would speak the word. It was too funny!!
I watched last night the "Skyline" cake challenge, I agree, those were the most ugliest cakes done!! And the dude that won, he should have been dis-qualified, he cheated, I feel. He only made I think it was 2 little dinky mountains, and the rest cardboard! And when he put the glue on the skyline topper., OMG icon_eek.gif I thought Kerry Vincent was going to jump over the table and tear the whole display apart! Wow! icon_surprised.gif Was she having a field day with her comments!! I just couldn't understand that if all 3 judges felt no one deserved to win, then why did they give the prize to the knucklehead who cheated!??
I've seen that chick on Cake Divas, the one with the wooley eyebrows, somewhere's too. It's driving me nuts to figure where I've seen here. And when Marc was talking about her, how she comes to the back to put her 2 cents in.. He was soooooooooo right on that. Because I noticed that no one was really listening to her at all. Why does she even go back there, to check on her wifey, the redhead lady??
I hope this show Amazing Wedding Cakes comes back for season 2!!
It really is a great show to learn ideas from.
I love watching Platinum Weddings too....Those cakes are gorgeous! icon_eek.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:56am
post #213 of 236

Jeez, what the heck is wrong with me?? I sort of liked the pink cake icon_redface.gif but then again, pink is my very favorite color and I like busy stuff......

I must say, I visibly cringe everytime I see the NY cake atelier people try & walk down those stairs!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:08am
post #214 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

I must say, I visibly cringe everytime I see the NY cake atelier people try & walk down those stairs!

Me too...........I freak carrying my cakes down 4 steps icon_eek.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:10am
post #215 of 236

i made a cake for my best friend for her birthday (that was today)... i actually made two... a cute 3 tier mini cake with her wedding colors (shes getting married in 09 - and i am her matron of honor)... and the other was her bday cake... it was supposed to be and ice block, with mini ice cubes around as a border, and then an igloo with two penguins ( a boy and a girl) and then some ice details, (snow balls, ice bench, ice flower pot, etc)... anyways...

i did it in like an hour... for both... and i think it was super cuters... eventhough the mini cake was a little lumpy on the middle tier... but it was nicer than the cake divas cakes... thier cakes always look unfinshed to me... i want to take a fondant smoother to all of them... urghhhhh... and her appearance... is yuck... i get all dolled up when people come over to my office... and the other day she was playing with her hair... illlllll
and i was waiting for a flea or something to come out of her hair...

on another note... my BF's Mother in Law called fondant FONDUE... i wanted t choke her, but just started laughing... i cant kill her its only the first time i meet her... and my BF was like " hello its FONDANT"

i vented... sorry so long... i guess i have diarreah of the mouth... or fingers today...

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:52am
post #216 of 236

The third floor bakery idea puzzles me as well, but not nearly as much as transporting cakes in a taxi. Um, I almost cant breathe while I am driving a cake, what kind of crazy idiot trusts a NYC cab driver to get their cake somewhere in one piece? UM... NO! lol I would have a stroke or something on the way to the venue.

AmieW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmieW Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:06am
post #217 of 236

The 'happy' dance that Lori does at the end of each delivery...STOP!!!!! they fight the entire time and then she does a 'happy' dance!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:08am
post #218 of 236

I remember an episode where the Cake Atelier people waited on the street for 30 mins for a taxi, and Ruth was holding gumpaste flowers stuck into styrofoam...uncovered, open to the air...in NYC with the exhaust of a thousand cars passing by and settling on them. And then she stuck them on a cake. Yuck! This was after she was so anal about the creation of the flowers. Where are her priorities?

As for the 3rd floor bakery... I'm sure it is very difficult to find a decent place for an affordable amount in NYC, or anywhere for that matter. Tho I can't imagine doing that without an elevator...

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:16am
post #219 of 236

I was wondering if anyone knows what the cutters were that did the kind of baroque- like scrolls on the Cake Divas pink cake? I was watching the woman use them and would like to know where one can get them. it is interesting to see that each week the cake people seem to get more stressed with each other and have you noticed how often , even with gloves on, that they touch their face and hair when doing their cakes? Anyways- anyone recognize those cutters?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:05pm
post #220 of 236
Quote:
Quote:

I was wondering if anyone knows what the cutters were that did the kind of baroque- like scrolls on the Cake Divas pink cake?

I have that cutter. It's a Stephen Benison and you can get it right here! http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18691

Edited to say, I just noticed they're out of stock. So, yes, I know which cutter it is. No, I don't know where you can get it. icon_redface.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:15pm
post #221 of 236

I think the lady from Cake Divas reminds me of Penny Marshall.
Yah, I was going to say that is a Stephen Benison design. If Alan is out of them you can email him and ask him when they expect them in. He will make sure he gets them in for you.
Yah, as far as my hairdresser, after the thing with the police we havent heard anything else about her. I had tried to contact her daughter threw the woman they hired to run the place but she wouldnt return my calls. I think there trying to keep things quiet. But it is really sad because not only was she really good at what she did but she was so funny and entertaining. Half the reason why I would go to her is just because of her personality. She always had a story to tell us and it was just so much fun to be around her. I hope she's doing well, I do miss her.

GeminiKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiKim Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #222 of 236

I watced Ace of Cakes last night "New Frontier". Now that is what a sandcastle cake should look like.

They are opening an LA bakery - watch out Cake Diva's - here comes Duff to show you how it's done!

We should all go to the We Network web site and send them a letter saying we want more "Amazing Wedding Cakes" so they'll be sure to bring it back.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:52pm
post #223 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiKim

I watced Ace of Cakes last night "New Frontier". Now that is what a sandcastle cake should look like.

They are opening an LA bakery - watch out Cake Diva's - here comes Duff to show you how it's done!

We should all go to the We Network web site and send them a letter saying we want more "Amazing Wedding Cakes" so they'll be sure to bring it back.

I think moving to LA is Duffâs best business move, can you imagine how much $ heâs going to be making with all those movie premier and celebrity cakes?

I agree with you, I love to see more of AWC.

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:45pm
post #224 of 236

Does anyone know what is coming on in there place? just curious. I have to go to my aunts and watch duff, she taped the last two shows for me so I can't wait!!!!!

weirkd Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:58pm
post #225 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybeth

Does anyone know what is coming on in there place? just curious. I have to go to my aunts and watch duff, she taped the last two shows for me so I can't wait!!!!!

Yes, there is a David Tutera show coming on about how he remakes their wedding. The commercial is really cute because it has this cheerleader type girl showing him what she picked and he's making eyes and changing it. The best is she shows him the cake and its a replica of her! (if you remember there was a thread about the bride that actually did that and how everyone was in awe of the workmanship but couldnt get over the fact of someone cutting it!!)

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:14pm
post #226 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybeth

Yes, there is a David Tutera show coming on about how he remakes their wedding. The commercial is really cute because it has this cheerleader type girl showing him what she picked and he's making eyes and changing it. The best is she shows him the cake and its a replica of her! (if you remember there was a thread about the bride that actually did that and how everyone was in awe of the workmanship but couldnt get over the fact of someone cutting it!!)

I know!!! hilarious. I can't wait for that show.

weirkd Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:22pm
post #227 of 236

Me too! Im sure they will have cakes on it as well but I think it will be neat to see how he redoes things. Especially from the commercial with the bleach blond burbing. It reminds me of one of Madonna's phases/looks.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:01pm
post #228 of 236

I, too, think something about Ruth is familiar. Actually, the first time I heard her talk, she reminded me of Roz on Monsters, Inc.!

lauritasolorzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauritasolorzano Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:14pm
post #229 of 236

The commercials of the show seem pretty good. I can't imagine what David Tutera is going to change from the cakes the brides choose. I sometimes have to explain the cake designs to the brides that come to consultations, so that they get rid of those ugly ideas that they have. I can't wait to see the next episode from AWC
Laura

cmnycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmnycakes Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 7:31pm
post #230 of 236

Well, sometime in August I got a call from David Tutera show asking if I wanted to do a cake for the show. I had no idea who David Tutera was and they called me on I think Monday or Tuesday for a cake on Saturday.

I had just done a free cake for a wedding give away in the Hamptons sponsored by the 8 0'clock coffee and the coordinator was Evette Rios of Oprah fame (of course I had no idea who she was because I watch Oprah, no time). I thought that was total waste of time because I didn't see any publicity, maybe only on 8 o'clock coffee website. So I was completely ticked off when I got the call and I have no idea whether it was going to a free cake or they were going to pay. And since I was so busy that week I told them sorry - that was too short a notice. Now that I've been watching David Tutera's commercials in Amazing Wedding Cakes show, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have brushed them off icon_mad.gif .

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:12am
post #231 of 236

I was reading a lot of the posts and I saw a lot of people talking about the butterfly cake that the cake girls did. I know they charged a lot but I have to say that if you go on charm city cakes website they charge a minimum of $1000 for each cake no matter what it is. I know there cakes are amazing but I do think some of the smaller ones shouldn't be $1000.
Anyway, I love both shows. Since I'm in NY I emailed Laurie from the Cake Alchemy (previous Cake Atelier) for classes. Shes an amazing artist and cake decorator. She teaches private lessons as well so I am very excited to set up some lessons!!!
I hope the show comes back on next season. I loved it!

peg91170 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg91170 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:33pm
post #232 of 236

My DH and I have watched it before. We're not overly impressed with any of the cakes that the Cake Divas make. They just don't seem to be neat about their work. But we do like to watch the show.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:09pm
post #233 of 236

I was looking on the cake diva's website and they have a video on there where they made Ashton & Demi's Wedding Cake. I was very surprised, but I think that cake came out beautiful.

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:00pm
post #234 of 236

If anyone missed any of the shows, they are all replaying on WE as we speak. I enjoyed the show very much and miss it!

suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:33pm
post #235 of 236

Well, it looks like it may have been cancelled already. They're only showing reruns now. Darnit!!!!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm
post #236 of 236

I liked The Amazing Wedding Cakes MUCH BETTER than the wedding show they have that's on now. I hope the WE channel will come back with a new season of Amazing Wedding Cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%