Amazing Wedding Cakes Tv Show

Decorating By laynie72 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm by Susie53

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 236

Did anyone watched this new show? I do not get WE Tv, but I was wondering what do you guys think of it....

235 replies
rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 236

Me and my husband watched it last night. I liked it alot. You should definately get WE so you can watch it.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 236

It was good. it doesn't show much about how to make the cakes, you certainly wouldn't learn anything from it. but it's nice to see the inner workings of some prominent cake shops and the planning of a cake from the first meeting with the client to delivery.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 236

I only caught the carving of the car cake, and the final product of it. Of course, that's mostly because I caught the show during the 4 AM rerun, and slept through most of it.

I've heard mixed reviews of this show on other forums. I will have to tune in next week before I decide whether it's worth continuing to watch or not.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 236

what's the name of the show?

JeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JeCookie Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 236

As Stephanie stated, you wouldn't learn any techniques from the show. Overall it was a pretty good show and I would watch it again.

Cynita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 236

what's the name of the show?

playingwithsugar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 236

Amazing Wedding Cakes

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 236

I watched it. I love watching these shows. I like to look in the background to see what brands they use and to pick up any tips I can to make my life easier. I found it quite interesting... from the woman who doesn't like to make buttercream covered cakes, to the groom who screwed up by picking a cake that his fiance hated and the bakery had to scramble at the last minute to come up with a new design, to the carving of the pink car... It was worth my time... especially when you record and play it back in half the time by FFing through all of the commercials.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 236

I watched it last night and I totally loved the show.

I thought the Cadillac cake was a bit sloppy.
The beige cake was too plain for me, although it was elegant and beautiful and well made. I love the Birch Tree Cake the most.

I will watch it again next sunday. thumbs_up.gif

Cynita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 236

It's airing again tonight @ 8.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:34pm
post #12 of 236

If anyone is interested it's coming back on tonight at 8pm on WE.

GLEIGH75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLEIGH75 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #13 of 236

It was a good show, I'll watch it again. If you just want to see the end results they have a slide show of all the cakes on the We TV web site. It should be http://www.wetv.com/amazing-wedding-cakes/ There are also bios of all the bakers. icon_smile.gif

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 236

The birch tree was by far my favorite. I would like to attempt that cake one day from memory. THE convertible had way too much non edible artwork forming the backdrop! It might have been much cuter if they had made much of the backdrop from gumpaste. The grill on the front of the cake could have been a little cleaner also. I did find several techniques and ideas interesting and I will definitely watch it again.

Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:40pm
post #15 of 236

fondantgrl, I felt the same way about the car cake!! I thought the show was pretty good overall. It's worth checking out!! thumbs_up.gif

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:01pm
post #16 of 236

The show is a keeper because it is about cakes and I could watch cake shows all day long. I thought it was interesting to see how how the staff interacted, especially those who were partners. They were such perfectionists and even reluctant to allow staff or interns to help out with something more advanced. It was great to see such completely different designs from the different bakeries.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #17 of 236

I've been looking forward to this show, and FELL ASLEEP before it came on!!!! icon_cry.gif I'll have to catch reruns of the episode. I can watch cake shows all day long and never tire from them. thumbs_up.gif

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:28pm
post #18 of 236

I liked the show...I, too, can watch cake shows all day long. I like seeing the behind the scenes of the bakeries. I actually thought the cadillac cake was cool...I liked the techniques he used & thought it was more whimsical. I actually fell asleep, but it's recorded, so YAY I get to watch it all over again when I get home today.

Oh yeah, I always learn something watching these types of shows. I guess I just have the eye to catch stuff since I'm self taught.

O.k. and one more thing...about the cakegirls...why in the world did they let that stupid man do that to them. I kept saying "what's in your contract?!!!!" Changing 2 DAYS before the wedding...come one... do they not have it spelled out better, or was that for TV???

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:32pm
post #19 of 236

I have not seen the show but did watch the previews and must say that there seems to be more "drama" in it.

I will watch a few episodes, but think I will prefer Duff b/c there are only tears of happiness.

tcp

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:36pm
post #20 of 236

I saw the show last night and LOVED it!
I agree, the cadillac cake was a little sloppy- for using BC on the front part. When I saw him putting the BC I was like, "Noooo, what are you doing?!?". I would've done it in fondant or gumpaste. But either way, it still came out good. I loved the background and the "Hollywed" sign icon_smile.gif

When the groom came in and chose the cake, I was already getting a bad feeling about it! He was all confident....yeah right! I would've killed him if it were me for changing up the cake the week before the wedding. What the heck!

Then the other cake... she claimed she didn't like to do BC, but OH MY did it come out so smooth! I am so jealous!
Overall, I liked it! I'm also so happy that now people can see what we go through! Cakes don't bake in 5 minutes and pop out of the oven already frosted and ready to go!

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:36pm
post #21 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer7777

I liked the show...I, too, can watch cake shows all day long. I like seeing the behind the scenes of the bakeries. I actually thought the cadillac cake was cool...I liked the techniques he used & thought it was more whimsical. I actually fell asleep, but it's recorded, so YAY I get to watch it all over again when I get home today.

Oh yeah, I always learn something watching these types of shows. I guess I just have the eye to catch stuff since I'm self taught.

O.k. and one more thing...about the cakegirls...why in the world did they let that stupid man do that to them. I kept saying "what's in your contract?!!!!" Changing 2 DAYS before the wedding...come one... do they not have it spelled out better, or was that for TV???

Loved the showâ¦I would watch anything about cakes, I always learn something new.

I was thinking what kind of bride sends the groom to pick up the design of the wedding cake!!! Not me for sureâ¦
I loved when the employee from the bakery said the groom was an âidiotââ¦I canât believed the called him that on national TV.
But yes, why did they allow them to change the design so close to the wedding date???â¦
My contract clearly says âno changes after final payment has been madeâ which is ONE MONTH before the wedding date.

jennianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennianne Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:36pm
post #22 of 236

I think most of what happened on the show was set up for TV...especially the guy/fiance issue!...from the meeting to the big "fiasco". It was kind of interesting though IMO.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #23 of 236

I haven't watched yet, but I set a season pass for it on my TiVo so that it will automatically record all episodes. I LOVE watching cake/cookie shoes. The TiVo in the living room is for DH, but the one in the bedroom is all mine - for cake shows and girl movies.

My TiVo has wishlists based on the keywords cake, bake, cupcake, and sugar. I record all of the shows that have any relationship to cakes and cookies and I watch them at my leisure. I keep those that have techniques that I want to try.

Now I need to find a way to get the "keepers" onto DVD. We bought a laptop computer that can burn DVD's, so I'm sure I can figure a way to hack them onto DVD! The secret is probably just a Google away! icon_biggrin.gif

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:21pm
post #24 of 236

Yes, it'll show people what we go through and that's a very good thing... Now if they'd just talk about pricing it would help me to charge more!

playingwithsugar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #25 of 236

It's on again tonight, at 8 PM Eastern Time.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:29pm
post #26 of 236

I saw it last night!!

What did you think about the guy that came in by himself and picked out the cake?? Ladies you all know what happened?!? Right?

Let me know if you want the answer!!! Don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it.

Being new I learned a lot from the show.

I would love to have my own shop!!!!

playingwithsugar Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:24pm
post #27 of 236

I watched it last night. I learned how to carve the front end of a Cadillac.

I have the feeling that this series is going to be a roller-coaster of emotions. Tune in Sunday, 10 PM Eastern Time.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:28pm
post #28 of 236

Great show, can wait till the next episode. I loved the Birch tree cake.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm
post #29 of 236

Is it just me... I really didn't like the red headed chick! (the one who made the ppl for the Cadillac). Loved the show all in all tho icon_smile.gif

vanillabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanillabean Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:18am
post #30 of 236

I really enjoyed it. The one lady getting uptight about the sweet peas, reminded me of someone.........oh yeah, me! icon_biggrin.gif I am about as nice as a gymnastics coach when it comes to cakes, LOL.

I really, really wish that they would put the prices and the amount of time of these cakes on these shows though. I think it would be a real eye opener for the public.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%