Edible Image Strips

Decorating By tbittner Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 5:35pm by rezzygirl

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 13

I was wondering if anyone has used these,
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=624&SubCatId=1719

They look neat but I was wondering on the size, they are only 2 1/4" wide. any thoughts?
Thanks, Tracy

12 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 13

I haven't used these, I have made my own with my printer though, and they worked fine.

At first these seemed to be pretty expensive, but since you get 3 10" strips, I guess it isn't so bad, if you had to pay to have a sheet of strips printed it would probably cost that or more.

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 13

I purchased some and have use them. I purchased from Lucks. They are too expensive other places. Other places buy from Lucks and sells them per sheet. Lucks sell them 36 stripes(12 shhets) per box for $21.60. They come in 3 strips per sheet. So, you get a total of 12 sheets with 3 strips on each sheet. They work fine, just had a little trouble getting it to release from the backing.

Cynita

jimagination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimagination Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 13

I've had problems too until i read that if you put themn in the freezer for about 30 sec- 1 min. it just falls off and it really does.

Cynita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 13

countrykitchen sells 1 sheet(3 strips) for $4.25. Wow, that's expensive. That's $51.00 for 12 sheets(36 strips), Lucks is $21.60 for 12 sheets.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 13

do they have a website?? I would like to check it out!!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 13

I'm all ears! icon_surprised.gif

Cynita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:28pm
post #8 of 13

www.lucks.com

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 13

Does anyone have the website for Lucks? I'd like to try these strips.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 13

DUH!!! I thought I tried that site but guess not!!! They have some cool stuff!! I think I will order some of those strips and try them out..

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 13

They have some great designs, I saw them at KitchenKrafts also, but they are expensive.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 13

Thank you for your opinions, I will try them out!
Tracy

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:35pm
post #13 of 13

I got them from Luck's and they have a little different texture than regular edible image sheets. They seem to be more flexibe, and almost like thin nylon. Also they didn't get brittle: I did a cake and only need two of the three strips on the sheet. I left that last one and forgot to put it back into the airtight bag, and it was fine a week later! One thing though.. I didn't like the taste of it (it was my son's birthday, so I got a piece). It didn't completely "melt" into my frosting and was able to peel it off. The kids liked it though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%