Can You Tell Me Where To Find This? Please!!!

Decorating By lilmansmum Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 3:35pm by weirkd

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing an 80th anniversary celebration cake for a big chemical plant in our area. They want a four-tiered square cake with an "80" on top. I was thinking of maybe getting a silver cake know, kinda like the silver initials that you see sometimes on wedding cakes?...only getting it with the number "80"....but where would I find something like that? Or does anyone have any other ideas about how I could make the number "80" on top?

2 replies
CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 3

Hi there! You can try or you can make a topper yourself the following ways. Start by printing out the 80 to the size you want and then use either Royal Icing flood work technique, or use gumpaste to make the shape leave to dry for a few days and paint.
PS You might want to insert a couple of skewers into the icing while still wet will help hold it upright later on.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 3

They also have them at party stores.

Quote by @%username% on %date%