Need Ideas For A Hair Stylist Graduation Cake - Carved

Decorating By Edibleart Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 2:17am by Michelle104

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 6

I had in mind that I would do the blow dryer with a gp comb and scissor but I found out today that it needs to feed 40-50 people! I would really like to make the whole thing "shaped" or carved and not just setting on a sheet cake. Any other ideas?!?!?!?

Thanks for the help!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:25am
post #2 of 6

Why not put the blow dryer on a sheet or other shape cake base? Make that base cake look like a table w/a nice 'croched' (sp?) cloth......

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:32am
post #3 of 6

mines not as nice or creative as yours Edible but i had a self chuckle when i saw your post and thought of a cake i made (inspired by one made by Seven of cakecentral)

this and a pair of fondant scissors at the base saying Congratulations! here's your first job! (hehe j/k)
you could put this on a sheet cake or a ten/12 inch two layer round/square cake..

i did this cake for my oldest son last year when he turned 16 because he had one heck of a headfull of hair in desperate need of a cut he wouldn't get lol.. it was our way of a jokingly reminder lol we used to call him cousin It because of all that hair

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:46am
post #4 of 6

You could also make a large hair spray can from rounds and use your gum paste accessories on the board. You can even put the recipients name in the label on the can so that can be your message area. Like "Congratulations " in an arc like a semi oval and then in the center the recipients name in a nice bold script and then underneath in an up sweeping arc "a cut above the rest" or something like that. Just an idea since you can get a nice idea of how many serving you can get per round etc. icon_smile.gif Good Luck. Can't wait to see your pictures of final outcome icon_smile.gif

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

how about doing a cake in the wonder mold.. wrapping a fondant towel around it as the body, cover a styrafoam (sp) ball with skin colored fondant.. sticking that into the top of the wonder mold, add ears, nose, eyes and hair with a big chunk (like almost to the scalp) missing out of it... put that on top of a sheet cake and it would serve enough people. could be funny

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:17am
post #6 of 6

What if you did do a sheet, or half a sheet, whichever. Then do another 1/2 sheet cut into 3 equal sections longways. Stack those ontop of each other and push them against the long side of the back of the first cake??? icon_confused.gif When frosted or covered with fondant you could luster dust the side of the stack so it looks like a mirror and paint the rest to look like a hairdresser's station. Does that make sense? Then you can add all of the details. Hair products, sanitizer, comb, scissors, curling iron, blow dryer...etc.... Sorry if that's too confusing... icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%