Animal Cupcake Ideas?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 5:55am by nicolevoorhout

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for cupcakes using the entire cupcake? I've seen a dog made out of one, I know you can make pumpkins out of one & today at walmart I saw one iced like a turtle (turned upside down for the shell then the neck/head piped on the side). I'm just wondering if there are any more ideas from you guys? (I'm not talking about decorating just the top w/ the paper still on the sides)

They don't have to be animal, but nothing Halloween yet since it's still 1 1/2 months away. These will be for my dd's class so I'm not wanting to spend a lot of time & use fondant figures.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 5

hi!
you can check out my pics, I only do cc's. Mostly, I got the ideas from the book Hello, Cupcake!. Its worth it to by the book, almost all of the cupcakes are pretty easy and the outcome is adorable. The others are from Wilton. I needed to practice decorating.
HTH
jess

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the links. I had found a couple of them. I'd forgotten about the Hello, Cupcake book. I may have to check it out this evening at the book store if I have time.

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:55am
post #5 of 5

This link may help as well, it has some links to a couple of animals also.
http://cakesandmoreblog.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/cakes-more-cupcake-theme-project/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%