Help With Color Flow

Decorating By Gaut Updated 15 Aug 2005 , 11:45am by vitade

Gaut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gaut Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cake with numbers that I used color flow icing. The color was VERY hard to make.
My question:

Can color flow icing be change to BC? I need to make a boarder using the same color.
Thanks for any advice
Deb

3 replies
sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 4

I would suggest using a little more icing sugar added to your color flow to thicken it up somewhat so that you can pip it. Keep in mind that the white icing sugar will soften the color and change it if you use too much so add a little at a time. Also remember that it will thicken up like royal icing would because of all the merange in it. I wouldn't suggest making it in to B/C because you would need to add alot of icing sugar to compensate for the butter breaking down the merange and it would change your color alot. Any other suggestions?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 5:32am
post #3 of 4

Gaut, I would just put the color flow into a glass jar & seal tightly & store till the next time you might need it to use some. I agree with Shayla about using it for BCI. It has too much meringue in it to use for BCI.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 11:45am
post #4 of 4

Ditto that. Just save it make sure you even lay some plastic wrap over the rim of the jar BEFORE you put the top on to make a sure fit seal and make a fresh batch of BCT.

You didn't mention the color you were trying to make. Color flow and buttercream will take colors differently.

Rose

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%