Which Cupcake Books Do You Like Best?!?!

Baking By chefjulie Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm by cookiemookie

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 6

Im about to go on an Amazon shopping spree for cupcake books and I see that there are TONS to choose from. Which books do you LOVE? I have Hello Cupcake! and the Whimsical Bakehouse little cakes (too lazy to get up and look at the actual name) book- both of which are great. I also just picked up Cupcake Confidential, but havent really had a chance to go through it yet.
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE cookbooks of any kind, so Im really looking forward to some new cupcake books icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 6

I have about 15, my favs are cupcake heaven, cupcakes by the cake mix dr, & cupcakes year round. I love hello cupcake, just havent tried any yet, but they are all adorable..

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 6

I'm a baking cookbook junkie, too. Hello Cupcake is my favorite so far. It has the most clever ideas, I think. Crazy about Cupcakes by Kristina Castella is good, too. Wilton's Cupcake Fun also has some fun things. I looked at lot of cupcake books at the bookstore, and these are the ones that looked the best. Most of the rest were more recipe oriented, rather than design oriented.
I like Hello Cupcake and the Cupcake Fun because they have the best pictures.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

Hello from a fello cook book lover, I read them like novels, iknow this is an obsession of mine, so that's ok icon_smile.gif As far as favorites in the cupcake category I've found some great ones and some serious clunkers in my opinion, besides Hello Cupcake, which I just think is fun and creative, I really like;
Cupcakes: From the Cake Mix Doctor
125 Best Cupcake Recipes
Crazy About Cupcakes (great decorating ideas!)

Next on my wish list: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

I did NOT like Cupcakes by Pamela Clark (Author), I actually returned this one I disliked it so much.

Have fun! Let me know what you think if you get any of them/ if you find any other great cook books cuppy related or not. My favorite right now is the Hungry Girl Cookbook.

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 6

A cute book that has not been mentioned is HEY THERE, CUPCAKE BY CLARE CRESPO it is alot like HELLO CUPCAKE but with different designs...Definately my 2 favs, also Wilton's CUPCAKE FUN...Happy shopping!!!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

I have several.

"Hello Cupcake" is one of my favorites along with "Confetti Cakes" by Elisa Straus. " Confetti Cakes" is not just cupcakes but cookies and cupcakes. It has a lot of pictures for reference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%