Wedding Cake Stands W/ Tubes

Decorating By victoriascreations Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 12:29am by indydebi

victoriascreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriascreations Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 5

Greetings! This is my first post. I usually just read but I have a wed cake this wknd and I need help. The bride wants five different cakes at different heights. I've purchased the acrylic cake stands with the tubes. They are round...her cakes are going to be square. Is this going to be a problem? Also, are they going to be okay just sitting on the cake boards on top of the stand? My concern is tilting once the cakes are cut. They stands came from Candyland Crafts. This is just my third wed cake. Please assist asap. Thanks.

4 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 5

Are you going to stack the cakes at different heights or are they 5 separate cakes at different heights on a table? Do you have a picture of the design? Than maybe it would be easier for someone to assist you.

I've seen the acrylic plates in square shapes also.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 5

I had similar stands. They are very sturdy.
No problem putting sq cakes on those round platesicon_smile.gif Just match it as close in size as you can -- 9" round plate holds a 10" sq etc.
One thing you will want to make sure of is that you cover all the boards completely....all around, top & bottom. The ones on the taller stands will be seen so yoiu want it to look good.

victoriascreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriascreations Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:17am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the help. I am going to try to attach a pic similar to what she wants. Any other tips or info is very much appreciated.
LL
LL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 5

If they cut the cakes while they are still on the stands, then they are idiots! icon_lol.gif Seriously, the cake would be removed from the stand while it is being cut, so your fear of tilting is a non-issue.

And I put square cakes on these stands all the time. Just be sure the cardboards they are on are very supportive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%