First Wedding Cake And I Need Help

Decorating By Wesha Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 3:54am by hammer1

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 4

I had a lady call me today. She wants me to make the cake below/attached. She wants it large enough to feed 100 people. What would you charge for a cake like this with the strawberries on it?
LL

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 4

I did a very similar cake minus the strawberries (for those I would charge at least 1.00/each...maybe more depending on how much the berries are at the store, because you wind up with a lot of waste because not EVERY berry will be perfect for dipping in the container so you have to buy way more than you'll end up using)
As for the cake I charge 2.00/serv. for buttercream and I charged an extra .25/serv. for the fondant accents (the fondant ribbon)

I made a 6",9",and 12" rounds and for my that equals 95 servings (according to wilton's charts it's a few more servings)

that cake would cost $213.75 from me without the strawberries and without filling or anything.

Here is a pic of the one I did, very similar...........actually I did a brown one just like that too! it was a 6,10,12" which is exactlly 100 servings for a grand total of 225.00
LL
LL

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 4

thanks for the advice. How did you travel with it?

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:54am
post #4 of 4

Hey northern ohio...this is from southern ohio.. we charge 2.50-3.00 per serving on a basic cake , buttercream and then add the price for the strawberries....2.00 a serving is way to low...Your cakes looked great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%