Where Do I Get Edible Paper?

Decorating By diana83 Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 10:07pm by adonisthegreek1

diana83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana83 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 5

do you know where to get it or do you guys printed your selves? how does that work?

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 5

I think it's rice paper. I think you can get it at some of the bigger cake decorating supply stores. The main trouble is the printer...because the ink has to be edible too. I don't know anything about that. Hopefully someone else will get on here and help out!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 5

You're looking for wafer paper. If you run it thru a printer, then you need a printer with edible ink that is dedicated to just that use. You can also draw on it with food doodlers or non-toxic markers, or paint on it with edible paint. Many, many online stores carry it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 5

Wafer paper and rice paper are one and the same.
There is also frosting sheets that can be run thru a printer as leahs said.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 5

You will find compatible printers info, edible ink cartridges, icing sheets and everything you need to know at http://kopykake.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%