Hot Flashes In The Kitchen

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 5:23pm by kimsmom

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 2

Never had any issues with hot hands and doing my cakes....just started experienceing the joys of baking, icing and decorating cakes while having hot flashes, now everything is hot. It was definately easier when this was not happening, any suggestions to get through the hot flashes, I'm melting....however, this is the only time in my life I can say I'm a really "hot" chick. icon_lol.gif

1 reply
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 2

Welcome to my world. It doesn't seem fair that the women, who for the most part are the ones in the kitchen, have to go through hot flashes too.
I've started putting a small fan on the counter away from where I'm working so I can at least pretend to cool down a little. If I'm working at the table I set the fan on the floor facing up toward me making sure it's not going to blow anything off the table, or on to my work. A glass of ice water near by (to drink) helps too.
My family knows not to make any jokes when they see my face in the fan, or I walk out of the kitchen and they can finish. This only seems to work when I'm preparing dinner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%