Horrible Night!

Decorating By pinkbiz Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 2:01am by GenGen

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 15

i need to vent! pleasee lol i have 2 cake orders for tomorrow one is an air force theme cake for 20 ppl kinda simple just chocolate with cookies and creme filling... then a hawaiian theme cake for 100 ppl 2 or 3 tiers don't know yet... sooo i know im kinda late about starting my cakes today but its just that soo much has been going on during the week , school , boy drama lol i started with the chocolate cakes... i toook soooooo long for the 1st one to bake and now the 2nd its taking longer!!! it never takes that long for my choco cakes to bake so i haven't even started the other cake which is bigger and the recipe takes longer to make cause i dont even know when its gonna be done .... i am making an air force plane with RKT and i just realized i only have 2 lil bars!!!! icon_cry.gif and its too late to go to the market so it has to wait till tomorrow... i have to try to make hibicus flowers out of a 5 petal rose cutter cause at my cake shop they didn't have a cutter for hibiscus sooo lets see what happends ill post the pics as i go along REMINDER this is for tomorrow i guess theres no sleeping for me tonight!! again thanks for letting me vent

14 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #2 of 15

"When it rains, it pours..." I feel for ya. I hope the rest of your night goes smoothly.

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 15

Hang in there, dear! I've had those nights, too. If anything, it teaches us time management for the next time!
Can't wait to see the pics!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:55am
post #4 of 15

Hope you feel better now icon_smile.gif I always do the same thing to myself. I say I'm going to start early and it just never happens that way. Good luck.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:55am
post #5 of 15

Wow! I feel for you, I had to make a tinkerbell cake for today, so last night I go to make it and realised my husband ate all my eggs. Soooo, this morning afer dropping the kids off to school I had to buy the eggs and work like mad to get it done. I spent all day doing the chocolate transfers and getting everything just right. I must say though it feels so good now that its over and the customer loved the cake, it was chocolate with cookies and cream. But two for tomorrow, and they sound complicated I really feel for you, so good luck! Your cakes look great by the way thumbs_up.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:56am
post #6 of 15

ok, just breathe

I can't help at all except suggest that you break all the steps down to managable pieces and just take one at a time.

sometimes looking at all you have to do is just overwhelming so one step at a time, you'll do fine.

good luck and post pics

thumbs_up.gif

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:56am
post #7 of 15

wow! Good Luck! That is a lot for one night!

jab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:56am
post #8 of 15

I'm sure you will pull it off. Just hang in there. We all have those kind of days. It will work out. GOOD LUCK!!

pinkbiz Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:14am
post #9 of 15

thanks guys! im gonna go and keep trying to do other stuff and your right its best to take it by pieces!

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #10 of 15

I do this kind of thing all the time...unfortunately icon_sad.gif . I always plan to get things done in a reasonable time frame, then something comes up and I end up starting late.

Sooooo, my plan that works for this is not to stay up all night. I bake everything and while it's cooling I clean the kitchen and make a big batch of icing. I cover the bowl with foil and leave it on the counter, wrap my cakes in plastic wrap, get the coffee pot ready, and then go to bed. I set my alarm for about 4 or 5 hours later (usually 5 am) and the first thing I do is hit the 'on' button on the coffee maker. Then I start again. I'm fresher and ready to tackle the icing and decorating. I've even done it after just 3 hours sleep and felt better than if I'd stayed up thumbs_up.gif .

Good luck dear, I know exactly how you feel!

pinkbiz Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:19pm
post #11 of 15

i am soooo exhausted!!! seriously this makes me think if i want to keep doing this i mean its just a hobby and to get extra money cause i go to school but i love it soo much and today made me hate it!! seriously i don't know about you guys but in my case here and there there are some customers that just keep calling!!!! are u kidding me they call 4 to 5 times a day to find out if the cake is ready WELL NOOO because your the only customer i have!!! plus if they ordered there cake from sams or something like there not gonna keep calling them to find out how the cake is they just pick it up at whatever time they said they would soooo why call me!! (sorry guys im really pissed lol) hawaiin cake ( they called me a thousand times, it came out ok i guess ill post a pic! and the air force i HATED the plane it was horrible but it was too late to do anything them too called me a thousand times!!! i hope they don't like it soo they don't call me ever again lol my airbrush machine just didnt work and my dad came over and fixed it thank godd but i took me back even worse than what i was !! anyways im just reallly REALLY glad its over! i just need a goood bath talks for listening im at the point were i think i went insane yeah! ill be back to normal after today

pinkbiz Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:27pm
post #12 of 15

oh i forgott to post the pic!
LL

pinkbiz Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:07am
post #13 of 15

again
LL

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #14 of 15

They hawaian flowers turned out great! Take a nice long bath and have a cold drink!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:01am
post #15 of 15

pinkbiz excellent cakes icon_smile.gif i just spent from about ten am to six am (including set up) with the mother of the bride making buttercream and then had to remake that batch of buttercream again because i got the icing too dark. i made two double batches thinking we'd need it all turning out we didn't lol well we still have the "kitchen cake" to ice she may use it on that one.. Mother of the bride wants to ice that one by herself and thats fine icon_smile.gif we spent the day both of us learning how to make fondant beads for the border and how to get the right fondant dots to put on the cake sides. all in all it was a big learning experience for both of us; and i've been doing cakes as a hobby off and on for ten years lol. (never had a need for fondant before now)

i just uploaded my pics so it may be a bit before it shows. its called run away groom lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%