I'm Sure There's A Very Simple Solution To This (Re Fondant)

Baking By drewsmommy Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 12:04am by toleshed

drewsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drewsmommy Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 4

BUT - how do I keep the fondant pieces from stretching all out of shape when I pick them up to put on the warm cookie? I don't really want to roll it thicker and I'm not even sure that would help.

I'm using the NFSC and MMF. Could my fondant be too sticky? If so, is there a way to "fix" the fondant when it's at this point? It pretty much the same viscosity that I use for cakes.

I really like the way it tastes and looks for certain designs, but all these distorted shapes are going to send me back to using RI exclusively!

I will happily accept any ideas and/or suggestions. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 4

How about letting the fondant dry a bit after they've been cut. Kinda like refrigerating cookie dough before baking.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:02am
post #3 of 4

I pop them in the fridge while the cookies are baking, Then the fondant will harden up enough that it doesn't strech out while you're trying to place it on the cookie. Here are the steps I use....

Roll out fondant on parchment paper or silpat.

Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Remove excess fondant from around the shapes.

Pop the fondant pieces in the fridge (or freezer if the fridge doesn't do the trick) while still on the parchment. (You will have never lifted them off the parchement yet.)

When the warm cookies come out of the oven, take the cold fondant pieces and lay them on top.

Viola....cookies are done!

Hope that helps!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #4 of 4

How think are you rolling it drewsmommy? It shouldn't do that? Does it feel sticky to the touch?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%