Quick And Easy, But Really Impressive, For A Bake Sale

Decorating By absijails Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 5:53pm by absijails

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 7

Normally I do lots of baking and decorating for a local charity bake sale, but I've recently had a second child and just don't have the time to devote like I've had in the past. I'd still like to do as many decorated goods as possible because they seem to sell the best and people will pay more for them. What are some favorites (the sale is October 10) that are quick and easy?
Thanks!

6 replies
absijails Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 7

bump

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #3 of 7

If you like fondant you can do cupcakes and just cut circles out of fondant to put on top. Then you can add little punched out flowers. They are super quick and easy. If you have an impression mat they're just that much more impressive.

Rainbow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Cake balls icon_biggrin.gif They can be made ahead of time and frozen. I wait and dip them after they are almost thawed. Some people dip them frozen...mine always crack when I do that. Caramel apples drizzled with chocloate or rolled in nuts or chocolate chips. Chocolate covered pretzel sticks or graham crackers.

Sue

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

I've done many a bake sale and the thing that I always fall back on is fudge. It makes a lot at once and people always love to buy fudge.

You can package the fudge in small individual tins and sell those (approx. 1/4 lb) or cut it in pieces. A real easy recipe is on the back of the fluff container.

I do a double layer.....first the chocolate...than switch out the choc. chips with peanut butter or butterscotch chips and pour on top of the choc. fudge.

1 recipe of each makes a total of 10lbs and can be made in less than an hr.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7

I make roll-out cookies decorated with fondant. If you keep the designs simple and the cookies fairly large, they're quick to make. The other day I made 3 dozen 4" flowers, mixed, baked, decorated and bagged, in an hour and a half.

absijails Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:53pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, everyone, for the ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%