Somebody Stole The Cake

Decorating By angelicconfections Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 10:44am by tastefullysweet

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:11pm
post #61 of 96

If it's not yours don't take it. I always left my food in the work refrigerator, but I wasn't worried about cross contamination because I didn't set my unwrapped food in the fridge, it was either in a container or a ziplock bag. I also cleaned it once a week =) We had about 60 people working there and I would never think to just take someone's lunch. At lunch time people would go to get their lunch and it would be gone. My BOSS, of all people, put ex-lax in his drink and we found out real fast who the thief was and he was let go. I feel like they get what's coming to them. My kids even know better than to do something like that. It's ridiculous. If someone got sick from eating a stolen lunch, that's his/her own fault. So are we supposed to put a list of ingredients on our lunches so the person who's stealing them won't get sick. I'm not that considerate =)

nickshalfpint Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:26pm
post #62 of 96

My DS had a doctor who recommended that I put Maalox in his milk because he didn't like the taste. So what if I had that in my lunch and I was going to take it to my DS later but someone stole it and got sick, I am liable for that? I find that hard to believe. The bosses brother was the one that told him to put ex-lax in his drink, and he's a cop. I highly doubt he would tell someone to do something illegal!

I will stop rambling on now =)

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:29pm
post #63 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I wasn't going to respond because I don't like to stir up trouble, but now that two comments have been made specifically pointing out what I said, I feel like I'd just like to defend myself a little. If you are allergic to peanuts and you steal my lunch and eat a sandwich that you don't realize has peanut butter in it, am I going to jail? Am I morally responsible for whatever happens to you? And we're not talking about 8 pounds of Exlax... cut me some slack. I'm not a murderer or a terrorist, and I can assure you I don't find heart attacks funny in the least. But please take a step into the real world and realize that if you steal something and ingest it, that is the risk you run. You are responsible for your own actions.

100% agree! Yet, you could be held responsible because our judicial system is a joke these days (like in Liar Liar). I, personally, like the idea of ex-lax terrorism in the lunch room though. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I'm sorry someone was low enough to steal a cake! icon_eek.gif It doesn't surprise me though. People really do lack moral fiber these days. Hopefully karma will come back tenfold on the thief.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:54am
post #64 of 96

Once again, I want to say I am sorry for the stolen cake... but it was just cake! You cannot remove the occasion's memory.

"Holier than thou" is definitely not my description, but you all seem like the villagers with the torches of fire... I will go against the majority and shout out that you all need to realize what you are saying. These are sophomoric and dangerous solutions.

Vengeance is never a solution; it is a continuation of the situation.

Office theft is theft. Treat it as such and quit acting worse than the hungry thief.

The bully is not the thief... you may want to read all of your answers again, as if you were explaining it to your innocent children or to your pastor.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #65 of 96

I'm just gonna stop watching this topic because I can see where this is headed. Have a good one guys... it's been fun!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #66 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutie

... as if you were explaining it to your innocent children ...

"honey.....if you do bad things, then bad things could happen because of your wrong decision. If you don't follow the rules, then you pay the price. If you don't cross at the light, you might get hit by a car. If you cheat on a test, then you never learn. If you hit another kid, they might just hit you back. If you steal, then you go to jail or get diarrhea."

You mean like that? icon_lol.gif

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:17am
post #67 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

"honey.....if you do bad things, then bad things could happen because of your wrong decision. If you don't follow the rules, then you pay the price. If you don't cross at the light, you might get hit by a car. If you cheat on a test, then you never learn. If you hit another kid, they might just hit you back. If you steal, then you go to jail or get diarrhea."

Wowza!! To which my 6 yr old would reply---OOHHHHHH!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:18am
post #68 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:26am
post #69 of 96

And here in Texas, we have the "castle law". You enter my property, I can shoot. Do I want to kill someone? HECK NO! Do I want to feel safe and NOT violated? HECK YES!

Penalty of a mouthful of cat food, exlax, or milk of magnesia---- I love it! It is mine- paws off please.

Remember- no crime, no foul!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:29am
post #70 of 96

You should pull all the hair from your brush and put it in a sandwich. No one ever died from eating a big ball of hair. icon_lol.gif I think I would also include some "pudding" made from mayonnaise and tuna juice and cocoa powder. We are food artists. We can get pretty disgustingly creative without resorting to drugs, for those worried about poisoning. icon_smile.gif

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:31am
post #71 of 96

Someone kept taking my jam from the office fridge for their breakfast bagel, so I added a good amount of Tabasco sauce to it. I've not had a problem since...

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:32am
post #72 of 96

I wasn't gonna reply but I have too. I HATE A THIEF!!!!! I"m very sorry to hear that someone stole the cake.
I have to say this, If I have my week old tuna sandwich or whatever in the work fridge and you stole it, ate it and got sick. SERVES YOU RIGHT. Good! If you stole it you should get sick. You shouldn't steal. I totally agree with Melvira & Indydebi. Like it or not, you shouldn't steal. I teach my 3 yr old not to touch things that don't belong to him. Again, sorry to hear about the cake.

Stephanie

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:56am
post #73 of 96
Quote:
Quote:

jewelsb78 wrote:
i mean what if you put the ex-lax in your brownies on purpose because you needed a little help in that area

Hey, that's what I was gonna say! What if my doctor TOLD me to make exlax brownies for myself so I could... well, to quote Monk last night... "Do you have to make?" icon_lol.gif And don't think if I had a thief in my office I "fed" exlax brownies to, I wouldn't be asking that every time they got up!!! icon_twisted.gif "Do ya? Do you now? AGAIN?! Wow! That's like 3 times already! WHAT did you eat??"

It's MY food, I can do anything I dang please with it, YOU shouldn't be eating MY food unless I offer it to you. Now, to make laced brownies and OFFER them to someone. Now that's wrong. But if they come and take my food out of the fridge, hey-shakes head- not my fault. I didn't ask you to eat it.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:08am
post #74 of 96

. . . heck . . . you could probably label the brownies as "laced with exlax" - "paws off" and they would still go missing . . . icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:48am
post #75 of 96

I'm shocked. I never heard of anyone stealing anything from our company refrigerator. My first job had probably 30 people that used the fridge, too. It just blows my mind that anyone would do that. I am absolutely disgusted that any of you has to deal with this, and especially about the wedding cake. What has this world come to?

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:26pm
post #76 of 96

well, since the cake was in a sealed box made for keeping a top wedding cake layer i wasn't worried about contamination, I personally wouldn't put anything in food to make someone sick, you could be sued but really i should be able to leave a box in a fridge at work for 8 hours without theft. I didn't think this post would cause so much trouble, sorry guys

ang

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:39pm
post #77 of 96

when i need to take a boxed cake somewhere, i generally tape the lid down to the box with shipping tape...works great to keep the lid from smashing the cake, but also creates extra work for the thief which could end up getting them busted. i would probably do the same thing with a lunch bag...wrap that puppy all around with shipping tape! when it's lunch time, all you have to do is take an extra second to cut through the tape.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm
post #78 of 96

Or how about putting a whole bottle of icing colour into the food so that the thief ends up with stained mouth (and maybe hands).

I'm with those who see a moral difference between offering someone something noxious (ie asking them to eat it) and leaving something noxious in your own private lunchbag (ie asking them NOT to eat it). Good grief, it's the kind of thing certain people do as a practical joke just for the fun of it. I don't know if I would even feel bad if someone came to serious harm because of it. Nor would I have much sympathy if someone sliced an artery while breaking the window to steal my van or electrocuted themselved trying to hotwire it.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 10:48pm
post #79 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteCakeName

When my daughter was a baby I continued to breastfeed after I went back to work, so I had to pump. I stored my bottles in a little insulated zippered bag and brought it home each day... imagine my surprise when I discovered that someone had actually stolen my breastmilk one day! That one was pretty awkward to bring up to the guys in Loss Prevention! I still wonder who it might have been and what on earth they did with it. Ewwww...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'm sorry, I can't help but laughing, CuteCakeName! I stored my baby's "food" after I pumped at work, too! The guys I worked with all KNEW what it was because I told them!! Not ONE dipped into that thermos bottle!!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 10:53pm
post #80 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicconfections

but really i should be able to leave a box in a fridge at work for 8 hours without theft. I didn't think this post would cause so much trouble, sorry guys

Your post is not a problem at all. If I were you, I would file a police report and also with your H.R. And then arrested if caught.

That person stealing needs to be fired if they are found out. What if they boldly walk out the door with a computer or other expensive equipment? Usually someone of that integrity is not a good employee.
icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:01am
post #81 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith

You should pull all the hair from your brush and put it in a sandwich. No one ever died from eating a big ball of hair. icon_lol.gif I think I would also include some "pudding" made from mayonnaise and tuna juice and cocoa powder. We are food artists. We can get pretty disgustingly creative without resorting to drugs, for those worried about poisoning. icon_smile.gif

Oh, Lordy...DH just gave me a wierd look because I laughed so hard when I read this.

My office is no different from all the others. My cubicle-mate's father was dying with cancer and had been a diabetic for a couple years. I bought a sugar-free fried apple pie from our hometown's Apple Festival and left it in the fridge....big mistake. She went to get it later that day and it was gone. Now you have to stoop pretty dang low to steal a dying man's food. Granted, the thief didn't know the purpose, but isn't that the point? You don't know the contents or the purpose so leave it alone.

The biggest item up for grabs seems to be flavored coffee creamer. You can bring a huge bottle, label it with your name, and by the end of the week you have an empty bottle there. One GUY brings his in, removes the label (so it just looks like a big white bottle), and writes *breastmilk* on it. No one touches it.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:19am
post #82 of 96

Whoever have sympathy for this thief is also a thief.. it takes one to know one.. really !!! Since when is stealing something from someone acceptable ? never is, never was and never will be.. and there is nothing wrong with revenge also as long as it is done equally. thumbs_up.gif

I'm sure normal people here will agree that putting hair in a sandwich for the thief to eat is perfectly OK !!! Please do it...

I once injected bathroon cleaner into a fruit since the stupid thief kept stealing my food. It has never happened again.. simple solution that works, at least to the amuzement of the victim of the thief.. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ;- and who care how the thief feels after that !!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif if it didn't belong to him, then why did he take it ? thumbs_up.gif

nickshalfpint Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:35am
post #83 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

Whoever have sympathy for this thief is also a thief.. it takes one to know one.. really !!! Since when is stealing something from someone acceptable ? never is, never was and never will be.. and there is nothing wrong with revenge also as long as it is done equally. thumbs_up.gif

I'm sure normal people here will agree that putting hair in a sandwich for the thief to eat is perfectly OK !!! Please do it...

I once injected bathroon cleaner into a fruit since the stupid thief kept stealing my food. It has never happened again.. simple solution that works, at least to the amuzement of the victim of the thief.. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ;- and who care how the thief feels after that !!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif if it didn't belong to him, then why did he take it ? thumbs_up.gif

Amen thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:13pm
post #84 of 96

So sorry to hear about that. It's just terrible how badly some people act.

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:21pm
post #85 of 96

I found out in bussiness law when I was in business school that if a person is tresspassing on your land, falls into a gopher hole and breaks a leg that person can sue you. It would be satisfiying to get back at whoever took it, but it wouldn't be right.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:05am
post #86 of 96
Quote:
Quote:

I found out in bussiness law when I was in business school that if a person is tresspassing on your land, falls into a gopher hole and breaks a leg that person can sue you. It would be satisfiying to get back at whoever took it, but it wouldn't be right.

I agree, but then you can countersue them for tresspassing and damaging of property (because they had to get in somehow) Worse case scenario you can say they ruined your landscaping. LOL. Just trying to make you smile. icon_smile.gif

nickshalfpint Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm
post #87 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicconfections

I learned that too, it was in Liar Liar icon_lol.gif (anyone else seen that movie?)

PumpkinMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinMommy Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:49pm
post #88 of 96

my hubby works for a big insurance company. (healthcare) and they have a community fridge for each sector. so like 20-30 share. I sent his lunch and it would get stolen. I was getting pissed... one day I couldnt find my hubbys thermos. So I grabbed our 2 1/2 year olds Bob the Builder thermos that we used on picnics.our son wasnt happy about it, but he thought it was cool that daddy was borrowing it after I explained. hubby came home and told me it was missing. so I called his boss and she relayed it to security. I sent my hubby with a note for the fridge. Security emailed the entire building with it being theft and it would be dealt with accordingly. The note hubby stuck to the fridge said "to the thief: you made a 2 year old cry about his bob the builder thermos. Hope my lunch was enjoyable. Hope it makes u smile to know you made a 2 yr old cry."

It was returned the next day.

His boss told us the same had happened to her with these yummy caramel layers. She said the next day she pulled off the top layer. Put tobasco and and something else nasty (I think garlic salt) in there. she didnt have a issue after those were stolen.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #89 of 96

OMG! I made some cupcakes for a teacher, tacked them to her door in a PLAIN brown paper bag. She came back a few hours later to find they were gone. This is a college, and offices aren't really near classrooms. She has had presents left near her office, important things and it is the cupcakes that get stolen!!

What made me most mad is they left the note I tacked as well. I put the tack through the bag and note. UHHH. and I even had a little questionaire with things like too much khalua, just right coffee, to little cayenne?

The least they could do is return the survey!

The audacity some people have.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm
post #90 of 96

It seems as though many people feel that stealing food isn't stealing. They take your lunch, so what?

As a child I stole food myself, and feel no guilt for it. An apple off a display, a hardboiled egg from that pile. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have grown up. I never took anyone's entire bunch of food, I knew that gnawing feeling in the belly myself too much to do that.

However, I most certainly would not steal food now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%