Give An Inch..

Decorating By ShayShay Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 6:28pm by ShayShay

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 3

you know how the rest of the saying goes...take a mile! Just a little story to share. Sometimes I will do cakes for certain people at a discounted price. I will admit that I have been taken advantage of and I am trying to eliminate this "discount" for most. This one really got me though! I did a couple of cakes for a friend and let her in on the friends and family discount. She e-mailed me and said she needed a wedding cake made for her friend. She thought that it would be a cheap wedding gift for her to give. Ah, excuse me? You want me to make a wedding cake, only charge for ingredients, and you will give it as the wedding gift? I don't think so! I e-mailed her back and let her know that the discount only applied to her own family and it was a one time deal for each child's birthday, after that it goes to full price. She did agree to pay full price, but now the cake is just a little two tier (6" & 8"). LOL! Lesson learned, NO Discounts!!

2 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 3

LOL, I had this happen to me too. Unfortunately, it was before I had any backbone so I did the cake for cost (pulled an allnighter too!) and let a friends "gift" the cake to her SIL. Boy was I pissed! It started out as a cake and turned into 3 - not to mention, at one point the SIL saw a picture of a cake with at least 60 gumpaste roses and wanted that one too. I had to say no way.

This reminds me of that story where the man in line at the supermarket, feeling generous, offers to pay for the groceries of the woman in front of her.....He and the checker are stunned when she runs back and adds a chicken to her haul after hearing he is footing the bill, lol.

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 3

LOL! Too funny! Yeah, the nerve of some people. They just don't get it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%