Help Me Find This Seperator

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 2:59am by BlakesCakes

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 5

This is a cake from the publix bakery. The top tier in the pic is a 7 inch cake. I will be using a 6 inch cake for the top tier.

The clear seperator is what I'm looking for. I've purchase a candle holder that is 3 inches around. The calla lillies are approximately 1 inch wide each. I have 10 of them to put on there. The bride and groom didn't think the one I bought was big enough around.

I can get it from Publix but its $75. Any ideas where I can find something to use for this.

TIA
LL

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

Your link is gone, but I found the cake.

http://publix.com/food/catalog/ProductDetail.do?id=112

Looking at the one on Publix site, that is a 3" tube (and their top tier is 7"). If you're using a 6" tier, a 3 inch tube should be just fine--you'll have 1.5" to each side, instead of 2", making it more stable.

I wouldn't pay anyone $75 for a piece of clear acrylic tubing icon_eek.gif

Rae

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:41am
post #3 of 5

It looks sort of like a Hurricane lamp glass. They come in all sizes and shapes, open at top and bottom. I've seen them at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, and they are probably fairly inexpensive, certainly less than $75.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Your link is gone, but I found the cake.

http://publix.com/food/catalog/ProductDetail.do?id=112

Looking at the one on Publix site, that is a 3" tube (and their top tier is 7"). If you're using a 6" tier, a 3 inch tube should be just fine--you'll have 1.5" to each side, instead of 2", making it more stable.

I wouldn't pay anyone $75 for a piece of clear acrylic tubing icon_eek.gif

Rae

That's what I thought but the bride and groom thought my 3 inch candleholder wasn't big enough. When I measured the calla lillies and the diameter of the tube the 10 lillies will all fit.

The one at publix has holes in it for the wires of the flowers to go in. But the bride and I decided I could just hot glue the lillies to whatever I purchased. Do you thing that will work?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:59am
post #5 of 5

As long as your flowers are completely dry, I'd think low temp hot glue should work just fine.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%